Specialist- Customer Service
Customer Service – Pharmacy Call Center CSR
Summary of Purpose: This position provides phone support, accommodates product and service information requests, schedules shipments of medication,and resolves complaints. Responsible for recording call history in database and forwarding information to appropriate department for prompt follow-up and accurate and timely resolution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Other Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Receives incoming phone calls from customers and satisfies requests. Enters patient and case information into software system, answers inquiries, processes patient assistance requests, and provides callers with accurate, current information.
- Documents customer requests, inquiries, and complaints in call history database and ensures timely closure of all open issues. Forwards issues to other departments and follows-up to ensure timely resolution.
- Documents certain procedures and trains those who are required to perform such procedures.
- Schedules shipments of medication and tracks deliveries.
- Provide patients with accurate and current information concerning their shipments, application, prescription or patient assistance programs
Internal/External Contact: Contact may be internal or external.
Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to communicate effectively with internal customers such as all levels of management and staff.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with external customers such as patients and doctors’ offices.
Minimum Experience Required: Prior customer service call center experience, preferably in a high-volume environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required (except where noted as preferred):
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of health care and distribution system preferred .
- Successful applicants will be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills.
- Mostly sedentary work.
- Ability to correctly input data into the computer.
- Able to communicate effectively with customers whether in person, on the telephone, or through written correspondence.
9:30-6:00pm. Must be flexible to accomodate business needs.