Support customer service and sales by assisting new and existing customers in a retail environment. Promote Midcontinent products and services to walk-in customers. Serve as Midcontinent’s professional representative when dealing with external clientele.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Actively sell and upsell Midcontinent products and services.
- Be able to meet the physical demands of the job within the described work environment.
- Be responsible for receiving payments and maintaining cash drawer.
- Serve as Midcontinent’s professional representative when dealing with customers.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in carrying out customer support functions.
- Function as an effective team member; support the efforts and concepts of other departments including, but not limited to: Sales, Engineering, Construction, Marketing, Customer Service, Field Operations, Technology and the corporate office.
- Maintain regular attendance to be available for customers at all times.
- Apply a positive customer service attitude in interactions with all internal and external customers.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign functions and responsibilities to this job description at any time.
- Be available to assist walk-in customers inquiring about Midcontinent products and services.
- Record electronic customer transactions accurately and with every contact.
- Receive and accurately process customer payments.
- Distribute/accept new and returned equipment appropriately and in accordance with company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Verify functionality of returned equipment.
- Interact with customers in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Identify customer needs and establish positive rapport in an effort to upsell Midcontinent products and services.
- Mentor new hires as required.
- Actively participate in team efforts to support customer satisfaction.
- Accurately document transactions as per company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Follow up with customers in a timely manner if necessary.
- Accurately set up accounts for new customers, and prepare work orders for installs, repairs, and other customer transactions as needed.
- Adhere to Midcontinent Communications privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy is protected.
- Travel to and support other Customer Service centers as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Apply patience and understanding in all customer transactions.
- Explain clearly and successfully demonstrate equipment connectivity and functionality.
- Maintain professional demeanor.
- Be able to influence and persuade customers to purchase services and products by actively listening for sales cues.
- Demonstrate exceptional team development skills, a broad range of departmental experience, and a positive, proactive attitude to excel in this position.
- Navigate and troubleshoot the Internet skillfully.
- Operate Windows based programs successfully.
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate initiative and self-motivation.
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Be able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- High school diploma or GED required (some college preferred).
- Previous customer service/sales experience in a retail environment preferred.
Midcontinent Communications - 2 years ago
Do you want to be a part of something big? You’ve heard this before – “We’re Midcontinent … Part of Our...