Support customer service and sales by assisting new and existing customers in a retail environment. Promote Midcontinent products and services to walk-in customers. Serve as Midcontinent’s professional representative when dealing with external clientele.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Actively sell and upsell Midcontinent products and services.
- Be able to meet the physical demands of the job within the described work environment.
- Be responsible for receiving payments and maintaining cash drawer.
- Serve as Midcontinent’s professional representative when dealing with customers.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in carrying out customer support functions.
- Function as an effective team member; support the efforts and concepts of other departments including, but not limited to: Sales, Engineering, Construction, Marketing, Customer Service, Field Operations, Technology and the corporate office.
- Maintain regular attendance to be available for customers at all times.
- Apply a positive customer service attitude in interactions with all internal and external customers.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign functions and responsibilities to this job description at any time.
- Be available to assist walk-in customers inquiring about Midcontinent products and services.
- Record electronic customer transactions accurately and with every contact.
- Receive and accurately process customer payments.
- Distribute/accept new and returned equipment appropriately and in accordance with company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Verify functionality of returned equipment.
- Interact with customers in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Identify customer needs and establish positive rapport in an effort to upsell Midcontinent products and services.
- Mentor new hires as required.
- Actively participate in team efforts to support customer satisfaction.
- Accurately document transactions as per company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Follow up with customers in a timely manner if necessary.
- Accurately set up accounts for new customers, and prepare work orders for installs, repairs, and other customer transactions as needed.
- Adhere to Midcontinent Communications privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy is protected.
- Travel to and support other Customer Service centers as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Midcontinent Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
- High school diploma or GED required (some college preferred).
- Previous customer service/sales experience in a retail environment preferred.
Midcontinent Communications - 10 months ago
Do you want to be a part of something big? You’ve heard this before – “We’re Midcontinent … Part of Our...