The Customer Service Center Specialist is responsible for providing remote customer support for various enterprise programs and promotions, web services, store feedback/escalation and product questions for our external customers. This role acts as an escalation point for resolving complex customer issues . The Specialist is responsible for coaching/mentoring less experienced team members and acts as a point of contact for new projects coming into the Customer Service Center. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
THE PRIMARY FOCUS OF THIS POSITION WILL BE PROVIDING DIGITAL AND SOCIAL MEDIA SUPPORT TO OUR CUSTOMERS THROUGH VARIOUS CONTACT CHANNELS, INCLUDING SUPPORT OF OUR WEBSITE, MOBILE APPLICATION, AND SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide in-depth support via phones and/or other media as required in resolving escalated customer issues.
- Complete and document all calls in the form of Service Tickets through resolution.
- Serves as an escalation point for less experienced/knowledge call center associates.
- Serve as a liaison between The Kroger Co. and the customer.
- Ability to maintain and sustain established call center metrics.
- Frequent contact with divisions, Corporate Technology, Procurement and Marketing Departments, manufacturing plants and store personnel.
- Escalate and monitor tickets through business support layers to issue resolution, as appropriate.
- Escalate and partner with call center management to identify trends affecting our customers and develop resolutions in resolving continuing issues.
- Analyze customer incidents, determine impact and take appropriate action to resolve the incident.
- Clearly communicate analysis and resolution through written documentation within knowledge base. Complete and document all calls in the form of Service Tickets
- Perform select advanced level functions under the direction of a Call Center Supervisor.
- Provide training documentation and formal/informal training on subject matter of expertise; assist with the training and development of other team members.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 2+ years of technical or customer support center experience.
- Strong customer service background.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate information to customers and all levels of the organization.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Ability to type 35-40 wpm.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Ability to work changing shifts, weekends, holidays and OT as needed.
- Ability to maintain composure during stressful situations.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Store experience strongly preferred.