Education, Experience and Skills Required:
Personal Trait Profile:
- Bachelor's degree is required, Master's degree preferred.
- Extensive, proven experience/knowledge of related business.
- Minimum ten years leadership experience in field which position exists
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and preferably with J.D. Edwards systems
- Strong Problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Practical knowledge of lean/six sigma strategies
- Proven track record of driving results and continuous improvement in an organization
- Have the ability to gain and retain an up-to-date knowledge of CTP products, order systems, catalogs, price lists and sales promotions.
- Highly developed customer contact communication skills.
- Experience in using practical judgment dealing with sales and business issues.
- High tolerance for pressure generated from problem situations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to successfully interact with staff and internal partners to problem solve to achieve goals.
- Ability to provide clear and concise oral and written communication to all levels of employees within the Company.
- Ability to practice at a high level of confidentiality as needed.
Job Purpose Statement:
The Customer Service Manager will focus on leading all activities related to the Customer Service Department. The Customer Service Manager will work with the Sales, Distribution, Planning, and Procurement teams to execute strategies that will position Carlisle as the leader in Customer Service.” The position reports to the Director of Customer Service.
The Customer Service Manager is responsible for managing day to day activities within the call center operation. The Manager develops, implements, and audits policies and procedures related to the flow of information and systems used within the operation. This position is responsible for departmental budget. The Manager establishes standards of performance for the operation and manages the staff to achieve performance standards. The position requires excellent customer focus, high energy and enthusiasm, forward thinking, strong analytical capability, excellent problem solving, the ability to manage change, solid execution and a commitment to help the company meet financial objectives and exceed customer expectations.
The Customer Service Manager must demonstrate and remain current on industry knowledge and expertise in a variety of distribution concepts, practices and procedures. These positions require independent decisions, taking into account risks and liabilities to the Company. Responsible to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Local laws or regulations.
Summary of Responsibility
- Manage employee relations to include hiring, termination processes, employee development and succession planning. Attract, develop and retain employees capable of sustaining our position as the leader in customer service and delivery
- Effectively lead and manage activities, processes and strategic plans of the corporation that support the company's strategic vision, marketing strategies and financial objectives
- Primary responsibility for Service Performance to customers.
- Develops and drives customer response metrics in the CS centers.
- Ensures data management and communication systems support the service objectives.
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures to produce maximum service, minimal downtime and maximum efficiency levels
- Manage the employee talent management program
- Develop and nurture an environment of continuous improvement (COS)
- Oversee the activities of Customer Service Representatives or sales order processing staff.
- Develop customer service policies and procedures to ensure consistent customer service and satisfaction.
- Assigns and directs the workflow to ensure excellent service is delivered through appropriate staff planning and scheduling to meet/exceed all of the department's goals.
- Troubleshoot and resolve non-routine customer complaints.
- Resolve major problems with orders, delivery dates or service.
- Works closely with managers in other departments, such as sales, on updating policies and procedures for client services.
- Establishes and maintains quantity and quality standards by developing and ensuring compliance with all customer service and process standards through reviews, technical and call observation audits, reports and practices. Provides direct and timely feedback to all staff on the results.
- Help solve problems that affect the service, efficiency, and productivity of the front end.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing the customer service department budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective action.
- Analyzing, and summarizing data on all facets of the operations and making appropriate recommendations.
- Establishes and maintains timely and thorough reporting to the Director of Customer Service on all customer service management facets of the organization.
M-F and peak times as needed