Ritchie Bros. is looking for a customer service dynamo to work at our
site as a
Customer Service Manager (CSM)
. In this role you’ll be responsible for all administrative aspects of the auction, and you’ll uphold the Ritchie Bros. philosophy of providing exceptional service. No auction experience is needed to work in this role, and lots of training will be provided.
What we offer:
Our success is built on the drive, initiative and dedication of our people. As we continue to grow around the globe, there are endless opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 50+years in business. And, we’ll help you achieve your own professional goals. Here’s how:
- Base salary + paid overtime.
- Affordable medical and dental benefits.
- 401(k) and an Employee Share Plan, both with company matching.
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement program.
- Meals catered at our auction sites at auction time, plus post auction celebration.
Our CSMs are the number-one point of contact for customers and staff, before, during and after our auctions.
In this role, you'll:
- Ensure that superior customer service is delivered at all times to all customers.
- Set up and maintain auction information systems.
- Enter contracts and equipment specifications into the auction system.
- Balance auction results, and take care of accounts receivable, collections and banking responsibilities.
- Verify that funds have been collected and that correct lien holders are paid.
- Become a guru on sales tax collection, exemptions and remittance.
- Process vehicle titles, registrations and legal transfer documents.
- Build strong relationships with banks, taxation offices, and motor vehicle branches to obtain information and to resolve issues.
- Assist to recruit, train and oversee Customer Service Representatives for auctions.
To get an idea of what our auctions are like, you can check out some videos on YouTube right here: http://bit.ly/KKL9Fz
Here’s what you bring:
- A post-secondary diploma or certificate in business, accounting, or similar, and 3+ years in a role where you worked in-person with customers.
- Experience with any of the following is an asset: accounts receivable, account reconciliation, sales tax collection / remittance, vehicles or heavy equipment, DMV document processing.
- Fantastic computer skills, including the ability to master new systems and enter data quickly and accurately.
- A love for paperwork! This is an intensely administrative role.
- An obsession with accuracy. No detail escapes your eagle-eye.
- You can think quickly and make sound decisions on the fly in a hectic environment.
- Outstanding people skills – you’re outgoing, diplomatic, patient, and a good listener.
- A strong work ethic without sacrificing your sense of humor or ability to have fun on the job.
This job will require you to:
- Maintain a valid, clean driver’s license.
- Climb on and off large equipment and trucks.
- Work both indoors and outdoors year-round.
- Work regular overtime, including weekend hours, at
onsite auction sales. You can expect to work extra hours for
2 to 3 weeks prior
to each sale,
during each sale
the weekend after
- Travel up to
per year, to other auction sites.
Office/Auction Site Location
Permanent Full Time
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers - 14 months ago
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers began as a family business in Kelowna, Canada. Three brothers -- Dave, Ken and John -- conducted their first...