This position is responsible for opening and cross-selling accounts and related services, interviewing loan applicants, and solving Customer problems. Assists in exceeding service goals by minimizing customer wait times and accurately and efficiently servicing customers’ needs. Exemplifies the "Ways to AMAZE!" Customer Service Philosophy.
- Maintains a 80% AMAZING! Customer service performance and reinforce feedback gained from Mystery Shops and Customer comments.
- Opens accounts and related services.
- Cross-sells Metro Bank products and services.
- Engages Customers in conversations regarding their current and future financial needs and educates Customers about bank products and services.
- Follows all security and audit procedures to minimize potential loss.
- Takes ownership of Customers’ problems and solves them.
- Consults with managers when necessary and knows when to "Bump It Up".
- Recognizes and refers business leads to the appropriate department or Metro Bank Representative.
- Interviews loan applicants and provides necessary documentation to loan representative.
- Prepares documents for loan closings and coordinates appointments with Customers.
- Establishes and solidifies Customer relationships by providing outstanding Customer service based on the "Ways to AMAZE!" Customer Service Philosphy, Mystery Shop criteria, and Customer Engagement.
- Works as a contributing member of a team both in the branch and within the region.
- Changes and maintains the Magic Money Machine machine on an as needed basis.
- Expects to keep a neat and clean work environment in compliance with the facilities guide.
- Keeps aware of marketing updates.
- Ability to provide community services, including but not limited to Metro Money Sense training class.
- Takes responsibility for career development and continued education to learn new aspects of the job.
- Primarily working in assigned Retail store.
- Occasional travel required for classroom training.
- On-the-job training and service learning projects. While performing the duties of the position, the employee is occasionally required to stand up for up-to 3 hours at a time. The employee may also kneel, reach, bend, and crouch.
- High school diploma or GED
- Good math aptitude and typing skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Completed or enrolled in CSR training classes
- Ability to use current technology and software applications related to the position
- Detail orientated and able to function in a fast-pace and changing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexible work hours
- Must be eligible to register through NMLS and maintain registration requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the position, the employee is occasionally required to stand for up to 3 hours at a time, kneel, reach, bend and crouch. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Employee is also required to use hands to handle money. Specific vision abilities required by the position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Primarily work in assigned Retail Store. Occasional travel required for Classroom Training, On-the-Job Training, and Service Learning projects.