Answer incoming telephone calls, emails, and provide information to customers for Parks & Rec programs. Assist customers w/Parks & Rec registration, field rentals and shelter reservations, utilizing CLASS registration software. Receive and process a large volume of payments and process customer service requests. Reconcile daily receipts. Process Recreation & Customer Service emails.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, emails and provide information to customers for various city services in person, on the phone, or online (i.e. recreation registration and activity information, swim memberships, ball field requests, swimming pool, picnic shelter, camping, special events, farmers' market, recreation scholarship and city-wide miscellaneous requests.
- Receive and process a large volume of activity registrations and swim memberships, payments, enter changes and issue receipts. Balance and reconcile daily receipts.
- Research, analyze, and resolve customer issues and inquiries. Use effective questioning techniques to verify and confirm customer concerns. Use interpersonal skills to effectively interact with irate customers.
- Maintain and monitor various records, logs and reports. Utilize various computer software programs to initiate and process service requests, quires and searches within numerous databases for purposes of recording, reporting and answering inquiries.
- Work on a variety of special projects as assigned and perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Schedule meetings.
- Maintain proper inventory of office supplies for Department.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings and training seminars as well as support, develop and maintain a network of personnel resources in other city departments and outside organizations.
- Pick up, receive and distribute incoming mail, deliver outgoing mail. Run errands associated with daily tasks.
Experience & Education:
Experience : Cash handling experience required. Experience in registration software preferred. Requires excellent customer service skills and the ability to work well with the public.
Two years of experience in Customer Service. Cash handling experience required. Must have good computer skills. Requires excellent customer service skills and the ability to work well with the public.
Education : High school diploma or G.E.D. required. College coursework in accounting, business or a related field is desirable.
Hours : 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday, with occasional Saturdays and evening hours.
Must have a valid driver's license.
A background investigation, pre-employment physical and drug screen required.