JOB TITLE: GBA268/FLDA14 - Customer Service Representative |
DEPARTMENT: Customer Service
REPORTS TO: Customer Service Manager
The role of the Customer Service Representative (CSR) is to manage a segment of the SNI customer base within a team to achieve specific key factor goals. The CSR will handle a variety of service requests and issues independently. This is accomplished by having a comprehensive understanding of all procedures, systems, and equipment used daily. Responsibilities include soliciting freight, resolving problems and building a solid working relationship with all customers in order understand their total service needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
1. Communicates effectively with customers, sales representatives, Driver Business Leaders, drivers, and other internal personnel to:
2. Generate freight according to solicitation plans
3. Takes complete ownership of load from beginning to end
4. Understanding of accessorial revenue and billable events for your customer
5. Develop and maintain relationships with customer base
6. Accepts freight based on Daily Load Targets, flow and market balance
7. Tracks turned down freight
8. Updates customer websites daily
9. Effectively uses the telephone to present a quality oriented image where every customer is treated in a consistent, courteous, and efficient manner.
10. Anticipates problems and acts pro-actively to solve them.
11. Participates in quality projects to support customer’s needs.
12. Ensures all computer information is accurate and up to date
13. Meets or exceeds total service needs of customers. Takes steps to alleviate issues and improve service efficiency. Frontline owner of the service results for the customer.
14. Attends monthly customer meetings.
15. Provides back up support to other CSR’s on the team to eliminate any customer hold time.
16. A positive role model for other team members providing support and enthusiasm.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent, post high school education preferred
2. Minimum of 2 years customer service or related work experience required
3. Strong solicitation skills
4. Excellent communication, listening, planning and organizing skills
5. Demonstrates sound judgment, decision making, and problem analysis skills.
6. Stress tolerance-ability to work under pressure
7. High attention to detail
Schneider is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Offering the broadest portfolio of services in the...