Title: Customer Service Representative, Inbound
Department: Customer Service Center
Provides customer service support for Enrollment Management as well as designated departments and operations. Provide professional, quality, telephone support and customer service assistance to all university customers including potential applicants, matriculating students, parents and alumni as well as general.
This position is a front line, customer service ACD telephone position that requires precise attention to detail, strong customer service skills with a professional and courteous work ethic and demeanor. Work hours are varied.
- Provide courteous and expedient telephone customer service and support to incoming ACD calls.
- Satisfy, respond to or redirect (if necessary) all incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner.
- Data entry of all relevant Banner status and personal information for customers.
- Attend ongoing training updates for department.
- Maintain a timely and efficient workflow of calls processed based on department objectives and standards.
- Assist other team members as needed and designated by management.
- Provide insight, suggestions and comments on operational procedures, call analysis and training issues to management, which would contribute to more efficient and production customer service.
- Report to work as scheduled, log on to ACD and process assignments as delegated by department manager.
- Operator function as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or High School diploma with minimum two years experience within an ACD Call Center environment supporting large volumes of incoming and outbound calls a plus.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Quick learner (learns and retains large, detailed amounts of information) and decision maker with the ability to solve problems and provide necessary feedback to management as required.
- This position is subject to a comprehensive background screen, with employment contingent upon satisfactory results. If access to a University vehicle is required for the position, a DMV check for driving record and valid driver’s license is also required.
St. John’s offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John’s performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
St. John’s University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.
St. John's University - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard