Novelis is the world leader in aluminum rolling, producing an estimated 19 percent of the world's flat-rolled aluminum products. We are the No. 1 rolled products producer in Europe and South America, and the No. 2 producer in both North America and Asia.
Novelis is also the world leader in the recycling of used aluminum beverage cans. Annually, we recycle around 40 billion used beverage cans -- enough to circle the earth more than 100 times.
Novelis is globally positioned, operating in 11 countries with approximately 11,600 employees. The company reported revenue of $10.6 billion in its 2011 fiscal year.
The Supply Chain team of Novelis North America is looking for a Customer Service Representative to join a dynamic team of dedicated account support representatives.
The Customer Service Representative is accountable for performing inside sales, forecasting shipments, coordinating customer orders within the plan and booking guidelines, customer contact, communicating priorities to plants, and maintaining inventory levels as established by the assigned Value Stream management.
This position is responsible for providing accurate, reliable and timely communication with customers, sales, marketing, operations and plant personnel.
This position has significant impact on inventory turns, on-time deliveries, cash flow and other working capital goals of the business unit. Some of the key focus areas include the following:
- Solicit, manage, and expedite customer orders and shipments to meet sales objectives
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with customers, outside sales, marketing and production personnel.
- Visit customers and manufacturing facilities as established to promote Novelis, resolve any service issues, and establish systems for improved communications.
- Keep customers informed of inventories and order status in a proactive and professional manner.
- Conduit of information regarding customer complaints and understanding of our claims process.
- Prepare and submit accurate sales forecasts on a monthly basis.
- Control finished goods levels and obtain disposition of aged or obsolete inventories to meet plan objectives.
- Manage bookings daily to optimize production capacity and sales plan with communication in supply chain
- Work with credit department, commercial team, and customers to reconcile accounts receivable.
- Develop, maintain, and publish necessary reports to customers and/or the commercial group.
- Help update and prepare sales policies and procedures to insure effective communications and consistent performance.
- Allow customers to hedge fixed metal pricing, put in Novelis systems, keep customers informed and reconcile financially as required.
- Monitor Pricing for accuracy and issue credits or debits as necessary.
- Identify opportunities that add value for both the customer and Novelis.
- Suggest and implement change to improve customer and supplier business.
- Create, develop, organize & prioritize new and existing customer products
- Bachelors degree
- 3-5 years sales, customer service, supply chain or related experience
- Knowledgeable in SAP
- Critical thinking skill; understanding the bigger picture
- Solid problem solving skills
- Operate in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage several tasks at once with attention to detail
- Ability to take the initiative and build a proactive relationship with customers through follow-up, understanding their needs and open lines of communication
- Ability to work independently and be a key part of the sales team dynamic
US-Georgia-3560 Lenox Rd Suite 2000 Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Novelis - 10 months ago