Posting date: June 22, 2013
Position Summary (Primary Function): This position acts as key internal interface (liaison) for the customer and Thermo Fisher Services Organization to ensure that required equipment service is dispatched to the field in a timely manner. This position is responsible for the dispatch of warranty, contract, and billable service for LED manufactured products which are serviced through Thermo Fisher Services direct field service Engineers and its authorized Independent Service Organizations (ISO). This position is also responsible for processing replenishment parts for FSE trunk stock inventories and processing ISO authorized service order parts requirements and returns.
- Adhere to Thermo Fisher Scientific protocols, consistencies and procedures.
- Ensure that Thermo Fisher’s customer satisfaction objectives are met or exceeded.
- Provide world-class level of customer service to existing and new customer base.
- Interface closely with sales, service, and management to ensure customer satisfaction is maximized.
- Effectively communicates and exchanges information among team members.
- Support Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodology and participate in initiatives as required.
- Assist customers requesting equipment service repair as received through incoming telephone calls and email.
- Identify product and serial number with verification of product installation within service database.
- Validate product warranty/contract/billable status.
- Verify customer account information to assure proper billing and worksite; if incorrect, obtain required changes and communicates to Service Database Representative for installation move/correction.
- Responsible for obtaining purchase order for billable service.
- Ensure service orders are dispatched to trained FSE or ISO in accordance to Field Service FSE skillset Matrix and Region.
- Customer contact for questions on pending service and parts status.
- FSE/ISO contact for parts status and general dispatch issues.
- Responsible for escalation of customer service issues to Regional Field Service Management.
- Assist customer who require warranty/non-warranty products requiring Depot repair.
- Instruct and coordinate the completion of required documentation by Customer.
- Generates RSO (return service order numbers).
- Distribute RSO documentation to In-House Repair Department.
- Assist FSEs and ISOs by entering replenishment orders while verifying item information and availability through ERP system, Product Planner/Buyers, Warehouse confirmation and/or shipping.
- For “down” units or Cytomat products, ensure parts is available for shipment and follow-up wit FSE as necessary.
- Responsible for RMA (return material authorizations) for replenishment trunk stock parts return to the factory.
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 1-2 years customer service experience preferred.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
- Must be team-oriented and promote a harmonious work environment.
- Excellent Computer skills required; efficiency in Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills required; both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
Thermo Fisher Scientific - 8 months ago
Whether for research, analysis, discovery, or diagnostics, Thermo Fisher Scientific gets the laboratory ready to assist mankind. Created...