Posting date: June 22, 2013
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and understand all departmental Functional Procedures and work instructions.
- Run monthly prevetative maitenance (PM) program, analyze results to ensure records are accurate.
- Coordinate scheduling of PMs with customer site staff.
- Dispatch PMs to vendors and follow up on service completion.
- Process on-line incoming service requests onsite/depot/dispatch through notifications
- Internal and external customer problem resolution. Interface with other departments to ensure resolution.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Decision Making Authority
- Authority to use other departments and managers for assistance to meet the needs of internal and external customers. Authority to assist customers, internal and external, within departmental and corporate policies and procedures.
Specific Scope Data
- Impacts customer relations. Failure to interact with customers professionally, considerately and in a timely manner could result in lost business and revenue based on loyalty %____ times revenue.
- Support and maintain an accurate installed customer contract database of 200+ customers with an associated asset base of 165,000+.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- A two year Associates degree in a business field or related field plus 1 year experience in Customer Service. Additional related experience may be used as offset in lieu of educational requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- PC computer skills, word documents and spreadsheet knowledge.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to make decisions and work independently.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at one time.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
Physical/Environmental requirements. (Refer to Physical Requirement Reference Sheet when completing this section.) Identify all requirements that apply to the essential job functions. (List specific activities.)
(1) Physical Activities:
Reaching, lifting, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions.
(2) Level of Physical Requirements:
(3) Level of Visual Acuity:
Inspection close assembly, clerical, professional or administrative.
(4) Environmental Conditions:
Interaction with Other Employees (level of contact, purpose and frequency)
Department Manager – daily
Services Development – daily
Accounting/Finance – weekly/as required
Sales – weekly/as required
Engineer – weekly/as required
Thermo Fisher Scientific - 15 months ago
Thermo Fisher Scientific’s 50,000 employees share a single mission: to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and...