Under general supervision and in accordance with established policies and procedures, the Customer Service Representative I will communicate with cardholders and credit union representatives on the telephone in order to provide information and resolve problems. The CSR I may also be responsible for performing additional clerical duties as assigned.
1. Represents the bank and the Card Services area to Credit Unions and cardholders in a courteous and professional manner.
2. Uses multiple applications to provide information to cardholders regarding account balances, payment information, authorizations, and accrued interest.
3. Answer questions related to all products, special promotions and additional account services available to the cardholder.
4. Makes decisions concerning removal or adjustment of finance charges, late fees, and overlimit fees within established policies and procedures.
5. Research accounts in order to determine the source of problematic authorizations and assists with manual processing and removal of authorizations when needed.
6. Provides information to cardholders and credit unions regarding the dispute process and transfers them to Resolution Services when required.
7. Keys non-monetary changes on accounts to include, but not limited to, updating addresses, updating last name due to marriage/divorce, placing/removing temporary holds or closing accounts when requested, and keying lost/stolen reports.
8. Orders additional plastics, PINs, and statements when requested.
9. Provides information and takes action on accounts as requested by credit union.
10. Notates accounts regarding information provided and all actions taken.
1. Assist in special projects as requested.
2. Consistently meet or exceed all department goals.
3. Responsible for neatness of work and security of customer information.
4. Performs additional responsibilities as assigned or directed.
5. Basic knowledge and understanding of bankcard industry.
High school diploma or equivalent
6 months of experience in customer service preferably in a call center environment.
Excellent customer service and problem solving skills
Ability to type 25+ wpm
Ability to read and understand complex written materials, such as regulations and procedures.
Knowledge of basic mathematical skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Easily adapts to changes in work environment
Ability to handle large volumes of calls without losing accuracy.
Remains calm when dealing with angry customers or co-workers
Skills in organizing and prioritizing work.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Able to establish good working relationships and resolve interpersonal conflicts professionally.
Physical Requirements of the Job:
Mostly a sedentary job with occasional walking in the work area or other areas of the division. Normal office pressure with high volume of repetitious tasks. May be stressful during high call volumes and/or due to the nature of calls.
Vantiv, Inc. (NYSE: VNTV) is a leading integrated payment processor for businesses and financial institutions, processing more than 12.9...