DEPARTMENT: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center SUPERVISOR'S TITLE: Director, Manager, Supervisor TITLES SUPERVISED: N/A TOTAL NUMBER OF FTE's DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY SUPERVISED: 0 PURPOSE OF POSITION: To provide support for all aspects of customer service for an assigned function and for an assigned department(s)/division(s)of a Medical Center dedicated to the care of infants, children and adolescents.
Program and faculty support
- Customer Service
- Provides assistance and services to patients, families, staff and external agencies in the completion of patient registration, admission and scheduling. -Investigates and resolves customer requests, questions or problems. -Receives telephone calls from customers inquiring about services or having problems. -Talks to the customer to learn questions and sources of problems. -Answers questions, applying knowledge of the assigned function and of CCHMC's policies and procedures. -Determines cause of problems; talks with coworkers to research problems and find a solution.
Provides assistance and services to the clinical team, internal and external referring providers. Additionally provide all day to day operational support for the HVMC program (i.e., insurance, authorizations, gathering clinical records, intake process, consultations, attends weekly & quarterly meetings and completes all necessary follow up)
- Systems Support and Data Entry
- Ensures that the necessary data, information and forms are obtained and entered into the appropriate system. -Talks to management to explain system errors or to recommend changes to the system.
- Problem Solving
- Contacts outside representatives to request information or assistance in resolving problems.
- Act as a Department Resource
- Assist in the training of new employees. -Perform specialty services functions. -Act as a resource within the department(s)/division(s). -Perform non-routine functions.
Skills & Competencies
Understanding and showing respect and appreciation for the uniqueness of all individuals; leveraging differences in others' perspectives and ideas; appreciating cultural differences and adjusting one's approach to successfully integrate with others who are different from oneself
Working knowledge of basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office, e-mail and internet
- Computer Proficiency - Basic
Meticulously keeping track of details without becoming overwhelmed by them; being exacting, precise, and accurate; spotting minor imperfections or errors and taking action to correct them
Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Independence and Teamwork
Prioritization and time-management skills sufficient to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Effective verbal, written and/or interpersonal communication skills
Knowledge of diagnosis codes and billing functions may be required for some positions. Keyboarding skills and typing of 30 wpm may be required. Working knowledge of standard office equipment and medical terminology preferred.
- High School Graduate
- or Equivalent
- Progression from Level I
Cincinnati Children Hospital - 18 months ago
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center has a special place in its heart for kids -- and vice versa. The pediatric health care...