Customer Service Representative II |
Responsibilities of Customer Service Representative II Includes:
Interested candidates should submit resumes and salary requirements by clicking “Apply Now". Please reference JOB ID # 4048-03272013-01 and job title.
- Successfully completes training to become knowledgeable of the waste management industry as well as the full extent of customer service systems and processes.
- Serves as the first point of contact to respond professionally and courteously to general as well as moderately complex customer inquiries, requests and complaints via phone, email, fax, and other company systems. Additionally responds to escalated situations either directly or via transfer or handoff.
- Responds and may initiate outbound calls to resolve moderately complex issues resulting from email queues, unawnsered questions that require follow-up and customer/accounts in which terms and conditions result in moderately complex issues. Issues commonly require a moderate degree of research and investigation and incumbents may work cross-functionally to investigate and research matters.
- Provides information regarding turn key service alternatives with associated pricing for new and existing residential customers. This includes but not limited to setting up new accounts, initiating service changes and resolving issues in open markets and franchises.
- Effectively responds to customer escalations, service changes, and contract compliance matters. This includes but not limited to processing on-call service requests, extra pick ups, removals, missed pick ups, compactor/container repairs, lock requests, deliveries and Level 2 pricing form matters, etc.
- Returns all internal/external calls, emails, faxes in a timely manner, ensuring that customers’ concerns are understood and resolution is clearly explained.
- Enters service and route data into computer for billing and route scheduling purposes.
- Logs and records information about customer support interactions by inputting information into Company systems and updating information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develops and reviews ad hoc reports that address business operations. Develops action plans with the Customer Service Supervisor/Manager to resolve issues.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
Customer Service Representative II
Requirements for Customer Service Representative II:
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification is required.
- The ability to respectfully and effectively provide customer service support through inbound and outbound calls of moderately complexity, as described, as obtained through at least two years of experience providing person or phone-based service in a high volume customer service environment
- College coursework is preferred but not required
- Experience working in a team environment
- Minimum of 6 months to a year or equivalent work experience in CSR I position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Incumbents must be able to demonstrate ownership for issues pertaining to customer service questions, researching and providing solutions to issues of moderate complexity rather than escalating problems that can be resolved at the first point of contact.
- The ability to at least meet department quality and production standards and/or a performance record demonstrating the ability to meet department quality and production standards is required.
- The ability to interact effectively cross-functionally and with various levels of the organization is required to research and investigate issues as described.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required as is the ability to remain customer service focused during situations in which customers may be notably frustrated. The ability to remain professional and respectful while conveying sensitive information to agitated customers is required to perform the functions as described.
- Incumbents must have good typing skills with the ability to type at least 50 words per minute with a 95% accuracy rate. Data entry skills are essential. Incumbents must also have proficient reading and math skills.
- The ability to research and investigate issues using multiple systems is required.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment is essential. Incumbents must be able to learn and adapt to new environments, business processes, and systems quickly.
- Barring unforeseen circumstances, the ability to commit to a regular work schedule with little absenteeism is critical. Additionally, incumbents must be able to work with defined, rigid schedules in which timed lunches and breaks are predefined.
- Knowledge of the waste management industry is preferred but not required.
- Bi-lingual skills are desirable but not a requirement.
- Communication – Effectively and coherently conveys relevant information to customers and coworkers. Effective listening and comprehension skills.
- Customer Service – Meets and exceeds recommended expectations of internal and external customers. Acts in a professional, courteous, and cooperative manner toward customers and coworkers. Effectively negotiates and documents resolution of escalated matters.
- Problem Solving – ability to demonstrate analytical/problem solving solutions for the customer as well as the company
- Ethics – Seeks guidance before problems occur and promptly reports concerns or potential violations in accordance with reporting procedures.
- Information Gathering – Refers to a variety of sources such as Company policy manuals, employee handbook and external resources. Compiles and organizes all the facts required to respond to a customer’s request.
- Interpersonal Skill – Develops openness and trust with others. Expresses opposing views in a tactful manner that builds teamwork.
- Multitasking – Ability to effectively manage two or more activities or sources of information.
- Record Keeping – Keeps records for future reference in an organized manner. Organizes information others can use easily. Keeps up with new incoming records.
- Safety Orientation – Follows and promotes Allied Waste’s safety rules and procedures. Requires customers and coworkers to follow safety precautions.
Republic Services is a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package including major medical coverage, supplemental insurance programs, retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays.
Republic Services promotes a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Republic Services - 8 months ago