Closed to current City of Richmond employees only|
The purpose of the class is to provide customer service to City customers. The class is responsible for performing customer services in assigned area of responsibility. The class works according to some procedures, but decides how and when to do things under general supervision.
• Exercised: Classification typically does not supervise.
• Received: Incumbent reporting relationship is based on department.
• Note:: Other reporting relationships may apply
Example of Duties:
The Department of Finance, Cash Operations Division is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Customer Service Representative II. who will be responsible for processing cash, checks, credit card collections and providing customer service for taxpayer inquiries.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responds to customer requests, inquiries and problems in person and on telephone, assisting with resolutions.
- Assist customers in person or by telephone with billing inquiries.
- Receives and reconciles cash, checks and charges receipts.
- Verification and corrections of business licenses and personal property tax information.
- Answers questions about rates, business licenses, decals, personal property taxes, service charges, fees and credit policies.
- Reviews requests and issues permits, certificates and drafts to customers; makes requested changes on existing documents.
- Manages customer data records by adding new records, maintaining and revising current records, and archiving and deleting obsolete records within department computer system as directed.
- Monitors delinquent customer accounts and takes prescribed action.
- Screens and registers clients, and monitors caseload activity on a monthly basis.
- Forwards customer feedback to supervisor.
- If assigned to Customer Care Call Center in Finance/Assessor’s, respond to customer’s incoming telephone calls.
- Generates reports on a routine and recurring basis.
- Ensures customer permits, licenses and records comply with City and State laws.
- Performs routine office tasks such as preparing correspondence, data entry, mail processing and filing.
Qualifications, Special Certifications and Licenses:
Requires high school diploma or specialized vocational training.
Requires one year of experience.
An equivalent combination of training and experience (as approved by the department) may be used to meet the minimum qualifications of the classification.
No Special License or Certification required. If assigned to Customer Care Call Center in Finance/Assessor’s must meet certification requirements for the Customer Care Call Center.
Americans with Disabilities Act Requirements:
Site Wide Menu:
- Highlighted Information
- Online Services
900 E. Broad St. | Richmond, VA 23219 | Map it | (804)646-7000
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Mayor Dwight C. Jones | © 2010 City of Richmond
This is the example of Message that could show on every page
RichmondGov.com - 5 months ago