Function: Customer Service
State/Province: Minnesota [MN]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Customer Service Representative - MN
Job ID: 3727
- Responsible for managing the business of assigned crop protection channel accounts within a specific Commercial Unit.
- Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of all order management and fulfillment transactions for their accounts.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of sales programs and policies.
- Accountable for a high-level of customer satisfaction. Anticipates situations and develops approaches that maximize business opportunities.
- Proactively finds new ways to build the client’s business and grow accounts.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of SAP system and recommends enhancements.
- Supports and collaborates with commercial unit management in achieving targeted goals to maintain renewal business. May supervise the work of other team members in the assignment of tasks. Mentors others in the department.
- Independently visits customers and attends field/sales meetings.
- Proactive identification and participation on and contribution to external departmental teams.
- Proactively communicates issue(s) and resolution(s) to all affected.
- Strong relationships established with defined top customers. Identifies and initiates necessary action required to resolve issues between customer requirements and the Syngenta policies.Able to interact with various management levels, including senior staff.
- Ability to work with others to identify COI and develop plans to strengthen relationships.
- Consults with others as new or difficult situations arise. Capable of handling conflict and identifying resolution. Ensures policy and procedure compliance at the operational level.
- Exercises good judgment and applies relevant knowledge to resolve difficult situations.
- Proactively solicits and uses coaching from others for self improvement.
- Commitment to personal development through continuous education/training. Develops and shares best practices. Trains others on team in programs and processes.
- Implements ideas and suggestions to team.
- Ability to identify and fulfill customer needs effectively and efficiently.
- Actively utilizes the strength of the team to meet order requirements and develop in-bound & outbound customer relationships.
- Supply customers with timely responses regarding product, pricing and company information.
- Ability to both multi-task and prioritize, with continuous attention to detail.
- Knowledge and understanding of materials planning/inventory management/Logistics and supply chain Process.
- Knowledge of database query/reporting.
- Directly initiates necessary action required to resolve issues between customer’s requirements and the ability of Syngenta to meet them.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Critical knowledge: :
- Understands agronomics and product positioning in marketplace.
- Capability to assist in other non Service Center Rep roles within the Department as business changes dictate.
- Flexibility to understand and accept additional responsibilities within other Commercial Units teams as business changes dictate
- Bachelor’s degree desired, preferably in Agriculture.
- The candidate must demonstrate the following abilities: customer connection, results orientation and team orientation
Critical technical, professional, & personal capabilities:
- Handles routine and complex situations on own with minimal or no supervision.
- Extensive knowledge and use of business tools (e.g. Pivotal, K2G, AgBiz, SAP, etc.)
- Ability to train others on utilizing business tools.
- Develops and implements ideas and suggestions to team
- Appropriate knowledge of and ability to engage internal processes and functions to fulfill customer inquiry, order and delivery requirements. (Transportation, Planning, Distribution, Technical, etc.)
- Ability to understand the financial impact of decisions
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...