The incumbent will primarily be responsible for answering incoming phone calls, placing orders, checking stock and status of orders and using problem solving skills to resolve customer issues. They will also be responsible for training other order entry and customer service reps as well as provide product technical expertise.
ESSENTIAL TASKS & DUTIES:
- Answering phones and providing feedback on stocking levels, order status, order tracking, and order entry
- Providing alternative products / solutions for out-of-stock items or long lead-time items
- Attention to detail; keeping errors below 1% and dropped phone calls below 1%
- 24 hr. turnaround time on customer PO's and entry into ADAM. This includes replying back to customers on VM / email w/in 24 hrs
- Proactively calling customers and providing them with a status of their orders
- Provide technical assistance to customers and team members
- Leading Continuous Improvement (CI) efforts
- Assisting the CS Project Manager with research concering the active global projects.
- Will periodically travel with a Regional Sales Manager or Sales Manager in the field to gain experience on the technical aspect of the job as well as in customer relationship building.
- Career path into Technical Sales or Technical Service
Education & Experience :
Knowledge & Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a technical Customer Service environment
- Some college a plus. Strong computer skills and a good working knowledge of MS Office and an ERP system
- Technical experience a plus, preferably in electronics or similar products
- Able to use problem solving skills to identify and resolve customer related issues
Technical training of some type and have used those skills in daily job scope
Ability to understand and eventually teach technical concepts in an understandable way
Strong willingness to assist other team members w/ customer related issues; Team Training
Strong organizational skills
Demonstrated ability to multi-task
Frequent interaction with operations and mfg (and other intercompany departments) for input/ideas
Positive outlook, good behavior
Limited Travel - to an account within their responsible area
Disclaimer The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.