Fraud Customer Service Representative
Summary: The IDEAL candidate for this project needs to be very dependable, and have a working knowledge of computer programs and be able to multi-task. Candidates must have the ability to self-motivate and motivate others. The person in this position will also be responsible for maintaining a personal performance production level. Candidate should have an effective communication skills and good common sense. The candidate should also be willing to accept feedback form their supervisor and be able to make correction to their errors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes computer systems to access information and to perform account maintenance.
- Follows established script when receiving calls.
- Verifies a prospective customer by asking client established questions.
- Verifies names, addresses, purchases, phone numbers and records per client guidelines.
- Informs current and prospective customers of possible fraudulent attempts made to their account as well as initiating proper fraudulent loss prevention procedures.
- Quotes balances and credit limits when requested by customers.
- Respond to customer’s inquiries
- Notates accounts, often typing abbreviations
- Blocks/Unblocks accounts
- R esearches required information using available resources
- Provides customers with product and service information
- Identifies and escalates priority issues
- Routes calls to appropriate departments
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Types clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Documents accounts to follow clients guideline; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality. Meets clients’ specific quality standards. Demonstrates good system knowledge of functions and information.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of internet software; project management software.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Outgoing and Energetic Personality
- Phone Etiquette
- Good memory
- Ability to maintain calm under stressful situations
- Commanding tone (can take control of a call and remain respectful)
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud