The Customer Service Representative will take inbound calls to field customers concerns and questions, with a focus on processing and researching customer orders using our SAP computer system. This person may at times make outbound calls to proactively receive orders as well as complete research about the progress of an order. The representative may route calls to other departments if deemed necessary, and will work closely with AR, Admin, Sales Reps, and branches to resolve customer issues. The focus will be to use product knowledge, customer service tools, and acquired sales skills to effectively service each customer in a professional manner according to Airgas’ 3Cs policy; Connect, Consult, Confirm. The incumbent will use proper phone etiquette to connect with customers, consult with them on their needs and will confirm the request by summarizing the phone conversation.
- Answer incoming telephone calls to provide desired service to internal and external customers.
- Respond to incoming emails to provide desired service.
- Maintain professional demeanor on the phone to exhibit the best impression of Airgas.
- Enter customer orders in an efficient and accurate manner paying close attention to pricing and location to reduce the quantity of errors and returns.
- Enter credits accurately and in a timely manner to reduce negative impact on customer.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external resources such as product vendors, via phone, email, and website, to service customer needs in a timely fashion.
- Work with internal customers (Outside Sales Representatives, branch and store personnel, as well as operations and distribution personnel, etc.) to improve the order- to-delivery process and make it seamless to the customer.
- Work effectively in a team format that assists each other to give the customer a positive experience in having Airgas as its vendor.
- Strive for and achieve individual calls, quotes, and orders goals on a regular basis.
- Perform customer service duties to support internal and external customers such as but not limited to:
- Answering questions about account balances, invoices, leases, etc.
- Proactively calling customers to re-order prior to reaching a critical need for product
- Communicate with distribution to ensure the on time delivery of products
- Review customers reorder history to proactively recommend products to order
- Participate in special projects relating to pricing, inventory, sales to align the needs of the customer with the direction and policy of Airgas
Other Duties as Required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
- Utilize product knowledge and vendor trainings to present new products to customers to increase their awareness of our market segments.
- Attend monthly safety meetings
- Participate in all recommended computer, sales, customer service, and product trainings.
- Computer skills with comprehensive knowledge of computer order entry system.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to routinely lift 25 - 50 lbs., and occasionally lift 51 - 80 lbs., frequent bending.
- Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours.
- Must be able to work overtime, when necessary.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and background.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Setup and promotion of welding equipment and processes.
- Some experience in handling compressed gases.
- Customer service or sales experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of the Company.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work during prolonged standing, frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, and feeling. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical office machine parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Airgas Inc. - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty...