Bayer MaterialScience (BMS) is one of the leading producers of polymers and high-performance plastics in North America and is part of the global Bayer MaterialScience business with nearly 14,700 employees at 30 sites around the world. Business activities are focused on the manufacture of high-tech polymer materials and the development of innovative solutions for products used in many areas of daily life. The main segments served are the automotive, electrical and electronics, construction, medical, and sports and leisure industries. We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences. We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
The primary responsibility of this role responsible for expedient and efficient processing of customer orders both internal and external.
- Co-ordinate the efficient movement of freight with the logistics department to meet internal/external requirements;
- Enter customer orders into the system. This will include verification of customer credit status, providing special billing and shipping information, and notification of appropriate parties of special customer requests;
- Recommend corrective actions for problems encountered in shipping, billing and inventory management;
- Assign available inventory upon order entry (as required by the system). Apprise management of inventory shortages, and contact plant personnel for production scheduling to meet customer demands for both standard and configurable products;
- Process customer complaints through the proper channels, provide solutions within scope of authority, and follow up with customer;
- Verify shipments and deliveries, maintain quote information, provide answers to product knowledge questions, problem solve, assist management and assigned sales representatives and customers in a professional and service oriented manner and provide status reports;
- Respond promptly and accurately to all customer inquiries including but not limited to order placement, order status, inventory availability, literature, samples and basic technical questions. Follows-up on all tasks directly related to customer inquiries or customer complaints thereby insuring prompt completion and customer satisfaction;
- Ensure that variations in customer's expectation related to price, lead-time or specifications are communicated and agreed upon prior to order entry and sales orders are entered accurately, following appropriate lead times, pricing and system guidelines;
- In conjunction with production scheduling or inventory management, communicates any deficiencies in stock levels to appropriate personnel. Handle consignment billing based on consignment agreements;
- Guarantee superior customer service through professional phone etiquette and actions that will insure prompt and accurate service;
- Functions as a team member in the customer service unit providing support, making and receiving recommendations to improve performance with an open and positive attitude;
- Interact with Germany and Thailand related to pricing, samples and orders (imports);
- Generate SAP Sales and Export Reports.
- High School diploma with at least one year of Customer Service experience within a manufacturing environment;
- Working knowledge of computers and proficiency with software applications including Microsoft Office (Word and Excel);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Above average accuracy in order entry;
- Ability to assess and analyze problems to provide appropriate solutions;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Strong organizational skills in order to multi-task effectively;
- Strong interpersonal/teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of SAP;
- Technical knowledge of products produced by Bayer Films;
- Associate's Degree and five years of experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Experience with international customers and shipping requirements.
For when you can't "bayer" the pain, Bayer Corporation makes your medicine. The US headquarters of pharmaceuticals and materials...