If you have excellent verbal communication and computer navigation skills, and a desire to effectively listen and resolve customer concerns, then you may have the skills we are seeking in the Water Customer Services Division. Opportunities exist for individuals to work primarily in our Call Center located at Washington Street and 3rd Avenue, in our Billing section or walk-in Pay Centers.You will perform a variety of tasks while learning the full range of job duties including, but not limited to: assisting customers with starting and stopping water service, accepting payments, assisting customers in understanding and verifying charges on their municipal services bill, setting up payment plans, completing bill adjustments, and issuing field work orders when needed. Individuals in this position will also interpret billing system information from field staff to resolve customer-billing concerns with additional follow-up assistance. The recruitment will be used for both part-time (25 to 30 hours per week) and full-time positions over the life of the eligible list.
Recruitment closes May 28, 2013. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
$15.44 - $22.56 hourly / $32,115 – 46,925 annually. Appointment can be made above the minimum depending upon qualifications.
Desired qualifications include a minimum of:
Only the highest qualified will be posted to the eligible to hire list.
- 1 year of experience working in a call center or payment center for any of the following: electric, water, gas, cable, phone/communications, credit card, bank, or similar company where you had authority to access customer accounts and explain balances
- 1 year of experience resolving disputed billing concerns for customers
- 1 year using multiple computer applications on a daily basis
- 1 year interpreting and applying rules and regulations
- 1 year using computer terminals to input, update, and query information
- Ability to type a minimum of 35-45 words per minute
- May require flexibility on shift start times and work locations on short notice
- Be capable of multi-tasking in fast pace environment and remain in a sitting position for extended periods of time