Provide quality customer service by greeting and directing visitors to the City, answering phones, directing calls and processing transactions for city services and products, and assisting customers with use of electronic and web-based tools to make inquiries and complete transactions. Provide support services to all city departments, including but not limited to: records management, office equipment technical assistance, copying, scanning and postal services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide assistance to callers and guests and refer and direct them to appropriate persons, departments or agencies in a courteous, tactful and professional manner to project a favorable image of the City.
• Maintain working knowledge of all departments and functions of city government, meeting spaces and related agencies so that callers and guests are referred to the proper resource
• Emphasize a customer-friendly, helpful approach in serving callers, guests, and staff
2. Use paging system when necessary or as requested. Receive and direct messages for Facilities Maintenance staff.
3. Perform customer service and support services duties as assigned, including but not limited to, the following:
• Data entry
• Homestead registrations
• Registration and applications for various departments
• Schedule meeting rooms and compile weekly meeting room and public notices schedules
• Scan and import electronic documents
• Copier and fax equipment maintenance, including arranging service as needed
• Set up and operation of office equipment such as copy duplicators, folding machines, cutter, collator binder, padding, punching and other equipment to provide services requested on a timely basis
• Assemble invoices and prepare Requests for Payment
• Assist with other projects as assigned
4. Ensure public information materials are current and well stocked. Maintain and update bulletin boards in entryway and ensure information is current.
5. Provide postal service, including the collection and distribution of daily mail, managing the city business reply postal permits and coordination of bulk mailings.
6. Collect utility billing payments, accept payments for garbage stickers, videos, and other city fees and merchandise. Balance cash drawer and credit card machine.
7. Assist City Hall visitors with kiosk/computer navigation for city services.
8. Monitor social media accounts for questions about city services, and respond/refer as directed.
9. Perform other duties as assigned and appropriate.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 1 year related experience with customer service emphasis
• Experience handling cash or credit card payments
• Computer experience with Microsoft Office and Web-based applications, including social media applications
• Ability to speak English clearly, and ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
• Ability to handle complaints and concerns of internal and external customers in a tactful and respectful manner
• Ability to use office equipment effectively and efficiently
• Ability to establish and maintain a good working relationship with staff and the general public
• 2 or more years related experience
• Associate's Degree or other related education
City of St. Louis Park, MN - 11 months ago