Evans Distribution Systems, a leading 3PL in the US is searching for a Customer Service Representative for it's Suffolk, Virginia facility.
Shift: Days - start time 8am and work 20-30 hours depending on the the workload
Essential Job functions:
- Process and input all customer orders.
- Run various stock reports to check for product availability.
- Review and enter all inbound tally documents on system; verify discrepancies.
- Generate all related paperwork and other necessary information required for customer work orders; bill customer accordingly.
- Coordinate special rush order requests with transportation and operations.
- Notify customers of any activity concerning their product, provide shipping/ receiving information to customer enabling them to trace shipments as required.
- Overall knowledge of computer systems and related programs.
- Assure proper invoicing of accounts; verification of computer generated invoices; issue credits when appropriate; review, mail and file all month-end billing in a timely manner.
- Maintain damage records and back order logs; handle returned product efficiently.
- Reconcile physical inventories when requested.
- Maintain all hazardous material information on system and MSDS documentation maintenance.
- Prepare and provide special reports as requested to customers, operations, or management.
- Maintain a good working relationship with customers by responding to all inquiries and complaints concerning shipments, receipts, inventory counts, work-orders, invoices, etc., in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Report customer feedback to management, particularly, any signs of customer dissatisfaction.
- Advise Account Manager, Project Coordinator, and Business Division when parameters of the account change.
- Act as a liaison between the customer and the warehouse, and between the customer and management.
- Maintain current and accurate procedures which details the processing requirements for each account. (ISO work papers)
- Oversee all routine and special paperwork associated with inbounds, outbounds, OS&D, etc..
- Complete a daily time sheet with accurate allocation of time per account.
- Education – High school education required. Some college work beneficial.
- Experience – Six (6) months to one (1) year experience in a similar position.
- Training – Annual seminar or training session on customer service or related topic.
- Travel - there is no required travel for this position.
- Testing – Must be able to pass pre-employment testing.
We will only accept and consider resumes/applications that are submitted through our website at www.evansdist.com/careers.aspx
Evans Distribution Systems - 18 months ago