To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works the circulation desk; processes materials, collects fines and addresses issues referred by staff.
- Verifies customer information before checking library materials in and out; explains privileges for holding a library card; issues library cards to customers.
- Assists customers with library technology, understanding policies, programs or services offered by the library.
- Collects and records monies received.
- May attend meetings as a member of the department.
- May perform duties of a Book Shelver; shelves, weeds and organizes materials; addresses missing item parts returned by customers.
- May work the reference desk responding to inquiries related to customer or staff requests.
REQUIRES: High School diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience. May consider less than high school diploma and/or no prior experience or training.
Must have great customer service skills, excellent communication skills, be self motivated, able to work a flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours , and be dependable and responsible. Applicants must adhere to Library’s Dress Guidelines (“Business Casual”) and dress suitable for the task at hand, and must maintain good personal hygiene in compliance with Library Code of Conduct.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
This work requires the regular exertion of up to 10 pounds of force, frequent exertion of up to 25 pounds of force and occasional exertion of up to 50 pounds of force; work regularly requires speaking or hearing and using hands to finger, handle or feel, frequently requires sitting, reaching with hands and arms, pushing or pulling, lifting and repetitive motions and occasionally requires standing, walking, climbing or balancing and stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling; work requires close vision; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, operating machines and observing general surroundings and activities; work occasionally requires exposure to outdoor weather conditions; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
Applicants must adhere to Library’s Dress Guidelines (“Business Casual”) and dress suitable for the task at hand, and must maintain good personal hygiene in compliance with Library Code of Conduct.
Qualified persons interested may submit an EVPL Electronic Application . Applicant materials will be taken until the position is filled.
Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library
Attn: Human Resources
200 S.E. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Evansville, IN 47713
EVPL is an equal opportunity employer.
Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library - 16 months ago