The statements below describe the general nature of the work being performed by the Customer Service Representative and are not a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. The Customer Service Representative may perform other duties as assigned. The Customer Service Representative is expected to abide by and enforce the policies and procedures of FFE, including regular and prompt attendance, production requirements, timely and efficient completion of tasks and responsibilities, as well as promoting teamwork and cooperative effort.
The primary function of the CSR is to perform customer service functions related to the business. You will be responsible for daily hands-on customer related situations, account development and customer satisfaction. In so doing, the Customer Service Representative is expected to perform the following duties:
* Commit to and receive detailed customer load information by telephone, fax or electronic tendering
* Accurately and timely input all load information into the operating system
* Serve as customer’s first line of communication and refer customers to the proper departments as necessary.
* Use exceptional telephone skills to present a quality oriented image where the customer is treated in a consistent, courteous and efficient manner so that the impression reflects excellence
* Monitor and trace loads so that follow up can be made to the customer regarding issues that could affect on-time pick up or delivery
* Manage service issues by researching and coding all applicable service failures in the system
* Anticipate and facilitate problem resolution on all load issues to meet or exceed total customer expectation
* Assist in collecting and maintaining current customer information in the operating system
* Communicate service issues, declined business and new business opportunities to the sales department
* Communicate effectively and professionally with customers, operations personnel and executive management
* Perform any other reasonable related job duties as required by customer as assigned by Director of Customer Service
Minimum Job Requirements (Education/Experience/Skills)
* HS Diploma or Equivalent
* Basic keyboarding, data entry, and 10-key
* Working basic knowledge of PC and AS400
* Ability to thrive and enjoy in fast paced environment
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
* Excellent organizational skills
We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance, and more, as well as a 401(k) plan. We respect, value, and welcome diversity in our workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, military service, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, disability, or medical condition. Employment will require a criminal background investigation and a drug/alcohol screening.
With more than 60+ years in business; FFE Transportation is the industry leader in temperature controlled LTL, Truckload, Dedicated, and...