Communicates with internal/external customers about intermediate underwriting guidelines, policies and marketing initiatives to service customer accounts. Provides support within established performance standards and priorities that are responsive to marketing, underwriting, retention and service goals. Utilizes core competencies and skills to maximize customer experience.
• Analyze clarify and resolve intermediate policy and account related questions/transactions from internal and external customers. Reviews problems and communicates with appropriate personnel to obtain information when necessary. Responds to customer inquiries through appropriate mediums. Provides an excellent customer experience by ensuring that policy transactions are issued and changes are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Objectively validates information provided for New Business, Endorsements and Renewal transactions within defined scope of discretion. Develops effective working relationships with assigned agents groups. Includes correspondence, phone calls and e-mail to gather and analyze necessary information critical to the underwriting function.
• Reviews and evaluates underwriting tools including Real Quest, Dun and Bradstreet, MVRs, websites, product guides, loss control reports, premium audits, ISO loss costs, prior carrier loss runs and cost estimators to gain an understanding of the loss potential and appropriate price for the exposures presented.
• Processes and inputs all necessary policy transactions through appropriate company systems. Key enters data or prepares worksheets as needed.
• Computes rates and premiums (including premium refunds) and selects the appropriate declarations, coverage forms, exclusions and optional coverage in order to complete a policy. Prepares invoices, tracking and checking for account status and premium dollars in the Commercial Accounts and/or billing systems. Computes commissions when necessary.
• Attains performance level standards as outlined in performance objectives.
• Continues to build personal skill set by participating in in-house or outside insurance/industry related courses/seminars as deemed necessary to expand product/system knowledge. Stays current with relevant product(s).
• Understands and strives to support the organization’s overall strategy.
• Models Farmers Core Values.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Business Results: Ability to meet individual performance metrics and goals. Innovation: Identifies and suggests innovative process changes to support business practices.
• Communication: Above average written and verbal communication skills.
• Job Knowledge: Intermediate billing, underwriting guidelines and policy processing.
• Team Work: Accepts feedback when offered to reach full potential and works well with others in addition to incorporating best practices from others.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
•Minimum 1 year call center/phone customer service experience
•Commercial insurance experience highly preferred
• Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
• Ability to multi-task and pay attention to detail
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment
• Ability to demonstrate critical thinking, decision making, and problem solving skills
• Great interpersonal skills
• Provide excellent customer service for a broad customer base
• Can demonstrate strong navigational skills in using multiple company systems
• Leadership experience a plus
Besides some sedentary work, job duties require some or all of the following physical activities: standing, carrying/lifting up to 10 pounds, seeing and hearing, walking reaching, pushing and pulling, speaking, reading and writing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
High school diploma or equivalent. Four-Year College Degree preferred.
Minimum 1 year customer service experience.
Special Skills Requirements
• Typing Skills.
• Basic PC skills including knowledge of management information and business systems (Work, Excel).
• Technical expertise in commercial.
• Detail oriented and accurate.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills Interpersonal skill.
• Demonstrated presentation skills.
• Analytical thinking skills to make timely, appropriate decisions and recommendations after reviewing all relevant information.
• Advanced conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to perform general mathematical calculations, accounting for minor complications.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Team oriented and a consistent commitment to excellence.
Farmers Insurance Group - 13 months ago
Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of other...