Job Duties & Responsibilities
If you have the desire to help people and are looking for a rewarding professional career, GEICO's Customer Service department is the place for you! Our Customer Service Representatives are licensed insurance professionals, trained to delight our customers by providing the kind of personal attention and outstanding customer service they have come to expect. Day or night, when a customer calls or emails us for help with a policy, our associates are there ready to assist them.
Through our comprehensive, on-site training we'll teach you about our dynamic industry, and insurance policies and regulations, preparing you to assist our customers with their auto policies. Training is fully paid and in states that require a license we will sponsor you for your insurance license!
As a Customer Service Representative, you will:
* Resolve customer inquiries, explain insurance coverage and make changes to policies
* Receive up to 50-60 inbound telephone calls per day in a call center environment
* Work with the customer to ensure they are properly insured
* Take calls and handle each request to ensure customers are satisfied on the first call
* Sell additional insurance products to fill gaps on our customer's policy
* Navigate our internal computer system to look up customer information and update policies
* Do whatever it takes to delight our customers
Each customer contact offers you a unique opportunity to reach your goals and make an impact on our business. If your career goals are aimed at helping people, then a Customer Service Representative position may be the right choice for you.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Prior customer service experience
* Demonstrated job stability
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent computer and multi-tasking skills
* High level of dependability
* Ability to gather information and make decisions
* Must be comfortable working in a call center environment
* Applicants with Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills are encouraged to apply
At GEICO, we offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes a competitive salary with annual merit reviews.
Because we are here to service our customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, we staff many shifts and ask our associates to be flexible.
At GEICO, the opportunity for advancement is outstanding! We invest in our associates through training and development to help them reach their career goals and personal aspirations. Our associates average 2 promotions within the first 3 years. At GEICO,
* You'll receive on-going training to help you learn your job
* We encourage your professional development through GEICO
University, our companywide training and development program
* We provide constant coaching and feedback to help you develop
* There are opportunities to advance your career and become a
lead, coach, trainer, or supervisor
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding work environment, GEICO has the career path for you.
Prior insurance experience is not necessary; we provide comprehensive and on-going training!
You'll receive on the job paid training to help you learn what you need to know to assist customers with many different types of requests. Once on the job, associates receive frequent updates and on-going training to keep their knowledge up-to-date and develop their skills.
How To Apply
Please click Apply Now to complete your application; you will need an active email address and phone number. Additionally, we request that you enter any work experience that you've had within at least the past five years. Once you begin your application you can save it if you need to access it later.
Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
GEICO - 2 years ago
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing...