Genworth Financial, Inc. (NYSE: GNW) is a leading Fortune 500 insurance holding company dedicated to helping people secure their financial lives, families and futures. Headquartered in Richmond, VA, Genworth has approximately 6,400 employees operating through three divisions around the world. For more information on employment opportunities, please visit genworth.com/employment.
• Take inbound phone calls from policyholders or their representatives promptly and in a professional manner.
• Either answer the question accurately or transfer the call to appropriate staff for completion.
• Follow established protocols and procedures.
• Handle claim inquiries on multiple product lines.
• Explain specific coverage and claim status to claimants.
• Maintain confidentiality of information.
• Document all calls clearly and concisely and complete follow-up work.
• Generate correspondence as needed.
• May include some processing work, i.e., follow-up letters.
• Help team maintain answer rate, speed of answer and other measures to department standard.
• Meet individual goals for calls taken, calls tracked, quality assurance, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma
• At least one year customer service experience
• At least one year office experience, working with calls
• Ability to sit for long periods of time
• Ability to work scheduled hours between the range of 8:30 AM - 8:00 PM
• Insurance experience
• HIPAA experience
• An excellent phone voice and phone skills
• A caring, compassionate attitude, in particular with elderly population
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Organized and attentive to detail
• Reliable, punctual and a quick-study
• Able to multi-task various tasks and assignments with multiple deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong computer skills (with emphasis on Windows & Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook) and able to learn new computer functions
• Excellent typing skills
• A problem-solver
• A positive attitude and work well in a team environment
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading Fortune 500® insurance holding company dedicated to helping people secure their financial lives....