Graybar is looking for talented, enthusiastic people to help us maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction in every area of our business. We are a Company that recognizes talent and provides the opportunity for training and development for your career growth. Our Customer Service Representatives are integral members of the sales support team who provide competitive pricing, maintaining strong communication lines with both our vendors and customers, and assisting the sales representative in servicing the sale.
Graybar stocks and sells hundreds of thousands of items from thousands of manufacturers Communication/Data Networking industry. We are looking for a self-motivated Customer Service Representative to take an active role in suggesting products and services to our customers and supporting our sales staff in the Broadband Utility markets focusing on Independent or Municipality owned Telco’s, Cable TV operators and Outside Plant Contractors. The ideal candidate will have a solid knowledge of a variety of telecommunications and networking products (i.e. outside plant pipe, direct bury cable, switches, gear, etc.) and the experience in selling these types of product lines to a local customer base. The key responsibilities of this individual will be order entry, communicating product specifications, identifying alternative products, billing, credit and claims.
- See that every customer experience meets quality standards as defined by the customer.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing customer telephone calls in a courteous and professional manner.
- Coordinate the prompt handling of all customer service requests, including but not limited to order entry, pricing, expediting, billing, order maintenance, credit, and claims.
- Ensure timely responses to customers.
- Handle all written correspondence received from customers, and reply in a timely manner.
- Represent the customer in the resolution of all disputes and claims and in all dealings with Graybar suppliers.
- Participate in corrective branch action to resolve deficiencies.
- Take an active role in selling Graybar goods and services on all inbound calls.
- Provide support on product selection and application.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Teams in an effort to limit rework and improve services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
No experience required
High school diploma or GED required
Preferred Job Requirements
Some retail or counter sales experience preferred
Two-year degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of branch inventory products and the Company's services
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to handle a variety of customer situations with enthusiasm and tact
- Ability to work with all levels of employees and management, both internally and externally
Traditional office environment.
As a leading distributor of electrical, communications and data networking products, Graybar helps contractors and building owners save time...