Lehigh Hanson is seeking a qualified
Customer Service Representative
for its Houston, TX location.
The Customer Service Representative will provide superior customer service and solutions in our Houston office. In this role, you will have daily interaction with walk-in customers, call-in customers. Create/maintain Dispatch metrics for trucking companies, creating new & maintaining existing sales orders. The Customer Service Representative will support 4 sales representatives, and back-up for Wanda Hay –at Servtex.
Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest suppliers of heavy building materials to the construction industry in North America. Our companies produce a broad range of building materials, including cement, aggregates (crushed rock, sand and gravel), ready mixed and precast concrete, asphalt, concrete pipes, tiles and clay bricks.
Lehigh Hanson is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, the global market leader in aggregates with leading positions in cement, concrete and other downstream activities. The Group employs around 52,500 people at 2,500 locations in more than 40 countries.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS
- Comply with all current and forthcoming Hanson policies and procedures.
- To actively communicate Customer Service initiatives to customers through both customer and self initiated contacts.
- To accurately input customer communication / contact information into JWS per documented procedure.
- Input and confirmation of customer orders received via telephone, fax or e-mail and in person.
- Confirmation of product inventory via telephone, fax or e-mail or in person.
- Ensuring that customer orders are complete before they are forwarded to the logistics department.
- Ensure all on-account, cash/COD customers are handled using approved guidelines and procedures
- Fielding general product and order inquiries from customers.
- To enter any special customer pricing into JWS per documented procedure.
- Conveying any order delays to customers due to production issues, unexpected shortages.
- Providing support to Customer Service Representatives, Shipping and Customer Service Supervisor as required.
- Monthly backlog and win/loss tracking and KPI Tracking.
- Input of CIS-Citrix (Vendor Invoices)
- Creation of credit/debit/rebills (Appian)
- Maintain all aspects of customer files (per job and general pricing)
- Collect “New Job Info” by job
- Check sales order accurately
- P-card coding & check reques
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
- College Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of Customer Service, Inside Sales or similar experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite – Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to learn new systems
- Refined communication skills, both written and verbal
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. We offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels.
Lehigh Hanson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V
Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience and relevant skills.
No Search Firms please.
Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest construction materials companies in North America with more than 500 active operations in the U.S. and...