Summary of Position
This position assists in developing and maintaining auto catalyst sales and customer service activities to maximize ECT profitability and technological leadership. By maintaining/developing customer relationships, the incumbent will actively promote increased recognition of Johnson Matthey ECT as an industrial catalyst supplier.
This position is a major interface between the Commercial Sales Force and the various Johnson Matthey internal departments such as; Samples, Material Control, Engineering, Quality Control, Purchasing and Accounting. Individual must be capable of maintaining a strong degree of professionalism and competence within the process.
Comply with all environmental & health and safety federal, state, local regulations and company policies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Educational Requirements
- Daily review of “Ready to Invoice” report for accuracy of pricing, etc. for assigned customers.
- Monitor and ensure integrity of customer’s Precious Group Metal accounts, committed stock and consignment metal.
- Ensure that orders and billings are processed timely and accurately. Give prompt attention to customer issues, ensuring that answers are correct and accurate the first time. Process and maintain customer orders, billings and PGM reconciliation for committed stock and consignment metal for assigned customers. Expedite orders as required. Individual is responsible for initial information necessary for processing of orders via the JDE system, assuring integration with production to ensure accuracy of order and establishing shipping to comply with customer requirements.
- Position must be aware of the status of all orders so information can be gathered and communicated properly. Individual must be aware of current customer policies and technology being applied to each account and any changes or deviations from these or other policies. Need to work directly in conjunction with Production to ensure that orders are at the proper status throughout processing, minimizing delays, which may hinder product shipments to customers.
- Position will run a weekly Samples meeting with various members of the PSG and Pilot Plant Staff
- Assist Accounting department with Accounts Receivables application/collections as needed.
- Cross-training on other group responsibilities as necessary
- Miscellaneous responsibilities/projects assigned by management
- Responsible for the preparation of timely and accurate reports for both internal and external use.
- BS Degree in business or related field with at least 1 year of customer service experience, or HS degree with at least 3 years customer service experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of people
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically EXCEL, Word
- JDEdwards a plus.
Johnson Matthey - 10 months ago
According to Johnson Matthey's math, it adds up to serve the precious metals, catalysts, coatings, and pharmaceutical industries in the...