Answer inbound calls from policyholders and claimants inputting all necessary information into the FNOL application to complete a First Notice of Loss Report. Assist customers in a professional and courteous manner. Responsible for inputting all overnight claim reports into the FNOL application in a timely and accurate fashion. As necessary, transfers callers to appropriate person, office or department. Possess a basic understanding of company forms, methods and workflow procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Customer Service:
Take loss information accurately, thoroughly and efficiently with empathy for the caller during the stressful time after a loss and during the loss taking process. Thoroughly review claim process with the caller and set accurate expectations. Listen to the caller to identify any special needs. Take ownership of problems and escalate issues as necessary to resolve.
Understand process and workflow procedures. Handle all calls and inquires in a professional and efficient manner with a positive attitude. Verify all contact information on file for policyholders is correct. Thoroughly and accurately input all available loss information into the FNOL application in a timely manner. Consistently meet or exceed quality objective set forth in the FNOL Standards of Performance (SOP).
Consistently meet or exceed the production expectations set forth in the FNOL Standards of Performance (SOP). Production goals include, schedule adherence, call volume, average handle time.
4. Integrity – Maintains confidentiality. Reveres accuracy and timeliness in financial reporting. Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner. Accepts accountability for actions and decisions. Supports Unitrin Direct values.
5. Self Motivated - Takes independent action to solve problems and generate new ideas. Seeks responsibility and takes on tough assignments to improve skills. Practices self development to keep knowledge and skills in line with company and industry job related standards. Meets commitments, accepts accountability and meets attendance/punctuality requirements
6. Analytical - Recognizes areas of opportunity, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues to address route cause of issues and makes timely decisions. Understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts. Can make difficult decisions and uses consensus when appropriate.
7. Organized - Maintains a clean and functional work space, effectively manages distractions and interruptions. Works systematically and efficiently. Is attentive to detail and accuracy. Balances short and long term goals and keeps own work aligned with overall office and company goals.
8. Collaborative - Values the differences in others. Speaks and writes professionally and is appropriately diplomatic in all communications. Builds intra/inter-department relationships to achieve common company goals and objectives. Welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years Customer Service or call center experience.
- Minimum 1 year personal auto experience preferred.
Apply Online: https://www9.ultirecruit.com/UNI1042/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=1333
- Requires good verbal, written, interpersonal, data entry and organizational skills with a team-oriented approach.
- Basic computer skills in Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook are essential.
Kemper Corporation’s Property and Casualty Insurance Group is made up of Kemper Preferred and Kemper Specialty, which sell personal lines and commercial auto insurance through a network of independent agents; and Kemper Direct, which sells personal auto and homeowners insurance directly to consumers.
This group represents 73% of Kemper’s $2.5 billion of annual insurance premiums.
Our employees enjoy great Benefits
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice.
- Choice of healthcare plans
- Choice of dental plans
- Flexible paid time off program
- Business casual dress
- 401(k) with matching
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
- Employee referral bonuses
- Education assistance
- Certification assistance
- Charitable giving
An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Kemper Corporation - 11 months ago