The Front Counter Customer Service Representative is responsible for responding to customers billing, service, and sales related questions and issues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities Include: |
- Responds to customer requests regarding billing and service issues in a timely and accurate manner, while maintaining an efficient and professional demeanor
- Collects equipment from customers and issues new equipment to customers, while maintaining accurate records of all transactions
- Prepares shipments of collected equipment (up to 50 pounds) to be transported to the warehouse
- Processes customer payments and posts them to the appropriate account
- Accepts and posts customer payments in accordance with Knology cash control procedures
- Provides accurate product and service information to customers
- Provides quotations on service requests; completes and accurately processes sales orders
- Troubleshoots customers issues and successfully resolves work orders that will not require truck rolls
- Uses computer systems to identify, research, and resolve customer issues; researches billing issues
- Maintains sense of urgency and consistently meets deadlines when responding to customer issues.
- Identifies and escalates priority issues; when necessary, transfers customers to the appropriate department
- Accurately completes required paperwork and/or documentation associated with each work order/job assignment; ensures proper storage of completed work orders.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Excellent oral communications skills including active listening skills and telephone etiquette are required
- Must be able to calculate figures and amounts
- Must be able to operate office equipment to include telephone, headset, computer, printer, and calculator
- Must be able to multi-task and function effectively and consistently in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility in scheduling which may require evening or weekend hours is required.
- Must be able to sit or stand continuously for extended periods of time
- M ust be able to safely transport loads of up to fifty pounds
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks such as data entry and using telephone