The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is Kuehne & Nagel’s primary contact for any customer. The CSR is responsible for intercepting faxed orders, keying orders in to system, conducting follow up phone calls to requestors. The CSR is responsible for all communication between the various departments within KN and it’s customers and, therefore must exercise the highest quality of phone etiquette. Requires a high degree of quantifiable and qualifiable results with regard to accurate, complete, and timely response to internal and external DC’s reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Processes orders for material or merchandise received by mail, fax, e-mail, EDI or telephone from customer or company employee.
• Compiles, sorts and verifies accuracy of data to be entered.
• Examines records such as bills, computer printouts, bills of lading, and related documents and correspondence, shipping dates, anticipated delays and any additional information needed by customer using mail, e-mail or telephone.
• Enters order into automated system, and computes total cost for customer. Records or files copy of orders received as requested.
• Confers with warehouse, or common carrier personnel to expedite or trace missing or delayed shipments.
• Compiles statistics and prepares various reports for management.
• Investigates overdue and damaged shipments or shortages in shipments for customers and/or common carriers.
• Analyzes complaints concerning billing or service rendered, referring complaints of service failures to designated departments for investigation, updating customers on a timely basis.
• Provides back up support for all accounts other than primary.
• Windows based order entry system.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in customer service.
Skills and/or Experience:
• Ability to successfully communicate – both verbal and written
• Intermediate skills in MS Word and Excel
• AS400 experience or any WMS experience helpful
• Proficient Data Entry Skills
• Ability to follow through and provide excellent customer service
• Ability to efficiently solve problems
• Ability to establish priorities and accomplish multiple tasks
• Must be organized
Kuehne & Nagel Logistics - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
With more than 63,000 employees at over a 1,000 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s...