The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to Liberty Utilities clients and customers accessing the company by telephone, electronic systems or coming in to Liberty Utilities locations. The Customer Service Representative (CSR) provides the first point of customer contact for all inbound and outbound customer support and must represent the company and our customer service philosophy with the utmost integrity. The CSR will ensure that all clients are greeted in a warm and professional manner and that their needs are met.
- Act as the first point of contact for all customers and visitors to the facility both in person and on the phone. This includes answering and routing in-coming calls, providing general information, facilitating payments, processing applications for service and service disconnections, facilitating customer moves, additions and changes, and answer billing inquiries.
- Balance Cash Drawer accurately on a daily basis
- Communicate to field and office personnel regarding routine and emergency situations
- Provide ongoing communication to customers regarding the status of service requests
- Generate service orders for reconnection of service/check high usage.
- Close out maintenance service orders and post readings on routine service orders.
- Use best judgement in dealing with any customer’s problem and take appropriate action to resolve the problem
- Escalate issues as required to provide customer satisfaction and prompt issue resolution.
- Document customer feedback manually or online and refer to appropriate manager for follow-up
- Maintain a positive attitude when interacting with all customers, co-workers and company visitors
- Use tact and courtesy when dealing with difficult customers and referring customers to management if a problem can not be resolved
- Providing accurate information regarding our services and service guidelines
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Perform miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
- Perform duties in compliance with laws, regulations, company policies and procedures.
- Adheres to Liberty Utilities security policies.
- A professional and courteous telephone manner
- High level understanding of privacy and confidentiality related to position
- A good understanding of Customer Information Systems. Experience with Cogsdale is an asset.
- Experience dealing with difficult customers and successfully resolving customer issues and concerns with a positive attitude.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to be concise, clear and consistent.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Above average math skills
- proficient keyboarding skills
- Detail oriented and able to function in a fast paced and changing environment
- At least two years experience in a related position
- Prior customer service experience is a must
- High school diploma or equivalent
Liberty Utilities - 22 months ago
Liberty Utilities provides a superior customer experience through walk-in customer centers, locally focused conservation and energy...