For over 110 years Miele, the world's largest family owned and operated appliance company, has been producing lifestyle enhancing products that lead the industry in terms of quality, durability and design. Since 1985, a select team of professionals have been carefully building consumer demand for Miele products here in the United States, ensuring that the well-earned, premium position of the brand is respected and perpetuated by delivering superior service.
General Purpose of Position:
This position will serve as the first point of customer contact for incoming orders. You will be providing customer support through telephone contact for items such as pricing, product checklists, and scheduling. You will have the opportunity to build and maintain relationships with clients to promote customer loyalty.
Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned
- Field questions regarding our products (i.e. features, specifications, use and care).
- Answer a high volume of inbound phone calls (approx. 50 per day) from consumers, sales personnel, direct sellers, etc.
- Process or amend sales orders and coordinate fulfillment process with our install team.
- Increase Miele Sales by offering extended warranties and cleaning essentials. Make recommendations according to the customer’s purchase.
- Respond to Department e-mail as directed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must also demonstrate the following competencies:
The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Problem Solving: Independently identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service: Excellent customer relations, communication and organizational skills.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills; responds well to questions; writes clearly and informatively.
- Teamwork: Contributes to maintaining positive team spirit and company performance;
- Professionalism: Uses time efficiently; reacts well under pressure: demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness:
- Dependability: Consistently at work and on time; completes tasks within set timelines.
MORE ABOUT MIELE
- Pleasant phone presence
- Must be customer service driven/focused
- Capable of handling customer complaints and concerns in a timely, professional and friendly manner.
- Ability to make good informed decisions and solve problems
- Capable of remaining calm and courteous in challenging situations
- Ability of multitasking in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining an emphasis on quality.
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Accurate Typing and Computation Skills
- Ability to Work Independently with Minimal Instruction.
- 3 year customer service experience and/or training, preferred.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos in English.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- High school diploma
There are few brands in the world that have sustained their vision, traditions and high-quality standard for more than a century. Fewer still that can claim consistent family ownership and international brand name integrity. And only one that is recognized for creating the world's most innovative appliances.
Founded in Germany in 1899 with a single promise of Immer Besser, a phrase meaning Forever better, Miele has dynamically grown to become the world's largest family-owned and operated appliance company with over 16,600 employees, 12 production facilities, representation in nearly 100 countries and annual turnover of USD$3.62bn (2009/10).
As a premium appliance brand represented on all continents, Miele is steadfastly committed to the highest quality, performance and environmental standards. The company's innovative heritage, state-of-the-art design and engineering aesthetic have inspired comparison to other powerhouse German brands synonymous with innovation: Mercedes-Benz and BMW.
Miele's range of exceptional consumer appliances included: vacuum cleaners; laundry systems; rotary irons; dishwashers; built-in convection, speed and steam ovens; cooktops; ventilation hoods; refrigeration; wine storage and coffee systems. Additionally, Miele Professional (the commercial product division) offers dishwashers, washing machines, tumble dryers and rotary irons for commercial use as well as washer-disinfectors for medical, dental and laboratory applications.
Miele - 14 months ago
German automobiles are known for their engineering excellence, and the high-style appliances made by Miele are no different. Miele is the US...