POSITION NAME: Customer Service Representative
REPORTS TO: Customer Service Supervisor
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Creates, maintains and enhances strong customer relationships through pre-order activity and effective account management within assigned area of responsibility. Supports Molex products, policies, and initiatives, contributing to the successful execution of Molex’s mission statement.
CONTACTS: Communicates with low to high level complexity confidential information with any and all levels of the organization, within designated escalation paths, as necessary to carry out duties and responsibilities as outlined below. Communicates with external customers as outlined in scope of account responsibilities. Negotiates delivery dates.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manages pre-order activity. Handles inbound and outbound calls in an efficient, professional manner. Provides samples, pricing, quotations, drawings and other information as requested by the customer or field sales. Navigates effectively through Molex website to assist customers in design applications or alternative solutions.
2. Manages order activity. Takes actions related to receiving and reviewing orders for placement. Insures objectives for pricing, delivery and package size are met. Works with Manufacturing, Shipping and Credit Departments to ensure on-time delivery. Escalates to Supervisor, Product Management or Engineering any barriers to successful order execution. Makes order changes as necessary. Creates, maintains and analyzes customer firm and forecast requirements. Makes independent business decisions based on fluctuations in customer demand. Reviews incomplete order log daily and takes action to move to complete status. Reviews and processes workflow errors to enable orders to post. Stays current on, and communicates any allocation, obsoletion, or other business decision related to product availability that may impact assigned customer base.
3. Manages post-order activity. Tracks shipments and provides any subsequent documentation necessary to ensure successful and accurate delivery and customs clearance of products. Processes QNs and RMAs as required per department guidelines. Provides supporting documentation to Credit to resolve payment issues.
4. Develops strong customer relationships and supports Sales by building a Molex advocate base with key customer in each territory. Proactively conveys pertinent information to Sales with a high sense of urgency. Reviews and analyzes complex data to minimize Molex inventory and liability and risk. Negotiates delivery dates based on fluctuations in customer demand. Conveys to Sales any fluctuations in consumption for possible modification of target pricing. Keeps track of interruptions in manufacturing due to plant holidays, inventories, etc. that may have an impact on customers. Independently assesses and prioritizes workload based on customer classification and sales prioritization. Makes appropriate business decisions to elevate issues when necessary. Independently exercises sound judgment in deciding whether to bring in additional resources to support critical customer requirements and to manage both internal and external conflict.
5. Stays current on product knowledge. Studies promotional material on new products and applications as distributed by Marketing Communications. Attends corporate product trainings as scheduled by supervisor or manager. Attend QBU’s and is aware of local, regional and global events which may impact Molex.
6. Attends and participates in team meetings; offers input and interacts with team members. Supports peers by sharing best practices, fulfilling backup roles, and training subsequent account representatives. Escalates internal/external barriers to success as required.
7. Attends departmental trainings and keeps current on procedural updates. Maintains customer profiles and update any changes to Customer Master and Sales Automation as necessary. Seeks out opportunities to streamline or automate departmental procedures. Strives to meet or exceed department metrics as outlined by Manager. Meets independently with other strategic groups or individuals (such as IT, Logistics, Customs/Product Compliance, Contract Administration) to improve processes and ensure customer requirements are met.
8. Understands, supports and contributes to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
SCOPE: The CSR position requires a moderate to high level of independent decision making (within established guidelines and practices) and largely based on the specific accounts being covered. Level of authorization in SAP does not preclude operating within departmental guidelines and ethical business practices. Decisions normally made independently by CSRs on a daily basis can and do have an impact on the Americas customer backlog, pricing structure, planning and manufacturing schedule, shipping costs, even the failure or success of an awarded program. Lack of awareness with regard to changes in customer demand, terms and conditions, and ordering/payment procedures can potentially impact Manufacturing and Planning on a local, regional, or global level, and could result in financial and legal liability on the part of Molex. Customers not receiving their product correctly and on time due to errors or inattention on the part of the CSR will endeavor to pass on to Molex any costs associated with overtime, premium freight, or loss of revenue.
REQUIRED: · High school diploma (or GED)
PREFERRED: · Bachelor’s degree
REQUIRED: · 3-5 years of customer service experience is required with a high school diploma or GED. 1-2 years experience in a customer facing role is required with a Bachelor’s degree.
PREFERRED: · Customer service background handling inquiries in a manufacturing or logistics environment.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
REQUIRED: · Basic computer skills including Windows-based software.
PREFERRED: · SAP knowledge.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express ideas and exchange information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to analyze data and propose sound solutions.
- Good organizational skills to anticipate, plan, organize and self-monitor workload.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with internal and external customers.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed in this position. This description is not intended to be interpreted as a complete list of all duties, responsibilities or requirements for this position.
- Intermediate level spreadsheet and database skills.
Molex is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Molex participates in eVerify.
Search & Staffing firms: We will not be engaging third party vendors for this position.
Relocation will not be offered for this position.
Molex - 13 months ago
That socket you slide your SD or SIM card into? It might have come from Molex. The company is one of the world's largest makers of...