Answer and respond to claim issues received from Customers via the telephone in a professional and efficient manner.
- Respond to telephone inquiries related to professional and institutional claims processing in a professional manner while displaying empathy toward the callers concern.
- Ability to interpret provider and health plan contracts to ensure accurate responses to calls
- Forward issues, attaching all necessary documentation, to the appropriate internal departments to ensure the correction of inaccurately processed claims, i.e.; Appeals, UM, Claims, etc.
- Log issues into the Customer Service Tracking database that require resolution and/or follow-up
- Plan and organize workload to ensure efficient and timely resolution of issues.
- Respond to callers with the resolution of issues in a timely manner in accordance with the guidelines set by the department
- Follow and support the guidelines set by the department and organization to ensure overall goals are met
- Maintain minimum standards for the department for quality and quantity of calls received
- Update Customer Service Tracking database with the resolution of issues in a timely manner
- Foster interpersonal relationships, showing empathy and understanding towards staff, protecting individual self-esteem. Understand own impact on others; interact effectively with peers, subordinates, and supervisors.
- Any other assigned duties as delegated by the Customer Service Supervisor.
- High school diploma or a general education degree.
- Minimum of one to two years experience in Medicare and HMO claims processing
- Working knowledge of CPT, ICD-9 Coding, medical terminology, and UB92 and HCFA 1500 claim formats
- Working knowledge CMS (HCFA) and DMHC guidelines
- Ability to interpret provider and health plan contracts
- PC proficient in a windows environment
- Good to excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Able to represent the Group Network and Claims Department in a positive manner.
- Ability to retain composure in stressful situations.
- Ability to identify confidentiality and its requirements. (HIPAA)
- Strives to be a team player.
- Ability to read with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of standard billing practices.
NAMM North America Medical Management - 30+ days ago