Job Title : Customer Service Representative
Reports To : Customer Service Manager, Home Energy Assessments
Department : Customer Service
FLSA Status : Non-Exempt
Location: Boston, MA
Have fun and make a difference! Start your career with a leading Green employer.
We are looking for Customer Service Representatives to join our growing team!
There are immense opportunities for folks that join Next Step Living as a Customer Service Representative to advance their career within the Customer Service department, or move into other areas of the company supporting various service lines and in multiple functions.
The Customer Service Representative will answer incoming calls, in-take new client’s information via phone, and follow up with potential clients. This is a pivotal role within the organization. Please note that some Nights and Weekend hours may be required.
The responsibility of the Customer Service Representative within our Home Energy Assessment department is to maintain a sufficient pipeline of customers so that the Home Energy Advisors are able to meet their sales quota objectives. A Customer Service Representative must follow up and qualify all leads in a timely manner. These individuals are also responsible for creating and maintaining customer records in Salesforce.com , for qualifying and converting all inbound leads, and for following up with approximately 70-90 potential customers per day.
· Qualify and convert all inbound leads. Proactively pursue business-to-consumer leads, primarily through 70-90 warm calls per day
· Meet daily/weekly/monthly scheduling goals for home energy assessments.
· Follow-up on leads generated by direct mail, trade shows and web site activities.
· Prospecting as necessary and account qualification to add leads to the sales pipeline.
· Provide superior customer service while handling incoming information requests and sales calls.
· Create and maintain customer records in Salesforce to assist with customer management, process transparency, and reporting.
· Attend and participate in all mandatory training sessions.
· 0-2 years of experience in a sales or customer service environment (i.e. retail, restaurant, lead generation, marketing, etc.).
· College degree is preferred. Experience in team sports, leadership roles, clubs, activities, etc. is a plus.
· Must have a strong knowledge of MS Office applications and be technically savvy.
· Experience with Salesforce CRM or other is preferred, but not required.
· Demonstrated willingness & ability to complete a minimum of 70-90 outbound calls per day to qualified leads.
· Ability to grasp multiple service offerings, support various clients, and multi-task among competing demands.
· Ability to develop strong working relationships both internally and externally.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Next Step Living TM is the leading residential energy efficiency company in New England, making it easy for homeowners to reduce their carbon footprint and lower their utility bills. Founded in 2008 with four employees in Boston, Next Step Living now has more than 500 results-oriented professionals motivated by the opportunity to make a difference. Most of them work in our headquarters in the Boston Seaport District. For more information, please visit NextStepLiving.com .