Olympus America, Inc. with headquarters in Center Valley, PA is a precision technology leader, creating innovative opto-digital solutions in health care and life science products throughout North America. Olympus works collaboratively with its customers and its affiliates worldwide to leverage R&D investment in precision technology and manufacturing processes across diverse business lines. These include: gastrointestinal endoscopes, accessories, and minimally invasive surgical products; advanced clinical and research microscopes.
Center Valley, PA- The Customer Service Representative will manage a select group of accounts, oversee the processing and fulfillment of customer orders and respond promptly to customer requirements, inquiries, and requests. The incumbent will ensure compliance with contract specifications, pricing and discount policies, as well as review and issue Return Materials Authorizations (RMAs), and process post-ship credits and billings. EOE M/F/D/V
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Timely order entry into the JD Edwards system which requires verification of payment terms, pricing, address accuracy, item numbers, Purchase Order number (PO), ship date requests, freight terms, contracts, and commission codes.
- Notate sales orders and retain any documents pertaining to discount approvals, contract compliance issues, and approvals for terms and conditions.
- Daily review of open order reports for assigned customer accounts, addressing any issues as required, including backorders, request dates, and credit hold.
- Act as the primary point of contact for communication with customers, Sales Representatives, Inventory/Purchasing, Marketing, Technical Services group, Corporate Credit and Warehouse to gain resolution and/or clarification on various issues pertaining to customer accounts.
- Effectively adhere to and utilize Olympus and Group policies and procedures to assist with problem resolution.
- Ensure customer account issues are dealt with efficiently and issues requiring escalation are routed to the proper Management channel.
- Respond to inquiries regarding the status of orders, product availability, and delivery and tracking information.
- Process RMAs for customer accounts, obtaining all back up documentation and approvals. Follow up weekly on open RMAs for status.
- Consistently follow-up on all open issues on a daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis as necessary.
- Work on specific projects as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
(ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED)
- A High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of Customer Service or related experience is required.
- Computer experience working with menus and data input is necessary.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel) is required.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills are necessary.
- A strong tendency and ability to multi-task is essential.
- Must be extremely detail oriented.
- A motivated, results oriented, and persistent individual is necessary.
- The ability to handle stressful situations in a fast paced environment is essential.
- Must be proactive and take initiative.
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude and work well within a team environment is essential.
- Must have effective prioritization of workload and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills are necessary.
- Must be a catalyst for change and process improvement.
- The following physical demands are required:
- Vision requirements correctable to 20/20 vision
- Stand/sit/walk 8 hours per day