Under the direction of Customer Service Manager or designate; ensures all functions of the Customer Service department are executed in an accurate and efficient manner. Provides Technical product support and customer service support by maintaining a positive relationship with both OEM and Aftermarket customers. Acts as a Liaison between Engineering, Sales and the customer. Corroborate with Buyer/Planner and Shipping personnel to ensure timely shipments to Customer. Conducts business in accordance with company practices & policies in order to promote Phillips & Temro Industries public image
RESPONSIBIITIES AND DUTIES:
- Create schedule agreements and manual orders as required.
- Mail, fax and telephone order entry for non-assigned customers.
- Follow-up on shipping discrepancies with PTI Shipping dept and carriers.
- Monitor orders and work with production, OE planners and shipping to ensure timely order fulfillment.
- Conduct customer call-backs on stock inquiries and shipment information.
Provide technical support
- Manage OEM customer orders through EDI workflow, utilizing a cross functional team to include Engineering, Sales, Planners and Schedulers.
- Release EDI and Transnet orders for assigned customers.
- Work with assigned Customers and PTI IT dept to correct EDI issues and errors.
- Answer product questions and provide recommendations.
- Provide input to Engineering, regarding customer requirements.
- Liaison to engineering & sales with product introductions and changes.
- Handle bar-coding, labeling and packaging issues.
Account analysis duties include
- Administer NAFTA documentation per customer requests.
- Maintain 100% on time delivery.
- Monitor customer scorecards for accuracy and dispute discrepancies as required.
- Issue ASN and Customs Documentation to appropriate areas following shipment.
Provide support to Customer Service
- Analyze account information to provide input to sales forecast.
- Monitor EDI schedule v/s forecast to identify variances by account.
- Contact OE planner regarding future changes.
- Act as the EDI contact for assigned customers.
- Assist in expediting customer shipments in critical situations.
- Provide the “next level” of contact for customers.
- Issue Return Goods Authorizations ( RGA ’s) when appropriate (excluding warranties).
- Attend mandatory training seminars per customer request.
- Receptionist Relief (breaks and lunch) on a rotational basis.
- Performs other similar or related duties as they become necessary or as delegated by department manager.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Internet – ability to utilize and update customer websites
- Product knowledge
- Organizational skills
- Cause and Effect
- Sense of Urgency
- Voice of Customer
- Professional Phone skills
- Understanding Customer parts catalog
Education: High School Graduate
Experience: 3+ years experience in sales or customer service.
Strong computer skills.
Phillips & Temro Industries - 13 months ago