PolyOne Corporation, with 2012 revenues of $3.0 billion, is a premier provider of specialized polymer materials, services and solutions. The company is dedicated to serving customers in diverse industries around the globe, by creating value through collaboration, innovation and an unwavering commitment to excellence. Headquartered in Ohio, USA, PolyOne has operations in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia as well as joint ventures in North America and South America. PolyOne serves more than 10,000 customers across the globe and offers more than 35,000 polymer solutions. The company has more than 4,000 employees worldwide located in more than 40 manufacturing and warehouse facilities, over a dozen labs and technical centers, and sales and service locations on four continents.
We offer a competitive salary, incentive and benefit plan. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, spending accounts and 401(k). For more information about PolyOne visit www.polyone.com .
The Customer Service Representative is the primary point of contact for an assigned group of customer accounts. The purpose of the Customer Service function is to serve as the face to the customer in providing value added services that grow our business. Individuals in this position respond to and manage internal and external customer requests, orders, concerns, suggestions and complaints. Internally, the CSR interacts, gathers information and coordinates related activities with sales staff, production planning, logistics, technical services and external vendors. The CSR must be aware of Lean Six Sigma principles and initiatives and must take responsibility and use sound judgment in decision making and problem solving. As representatives of PolyOne Corporation, individuals in this position are required to follow and communicate PolyOne business practices to customers and demonstrate the PolyOne Code of Conduct, ethics and values on a daily basis. PolyOne and customer information must be kept appropriately confidential. Work is done autonomously on a day-to-day basis and requires five years experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides customer focused service to assigned accounts.
- Responds to and manage customer orders from order entry to delivery and invoicing.
- Understands and communicate the value of our products and services.
- Understands customers’ products, services, business operations and needs.
- Communicates effectively over the phone and electronically.
- Uses a variety of systems to enter and complete transactions.
- Accomplishes work within set timeframes.
- Key inside contact for specific customer/seller base.
- Process incoming orders; confirm pricing and availability of product.
- Advise customers of order status.
- Provide relevant customer information to other departments: forecasts, personnel changes, address changes, receiving schedules, etc.
- Timely and accurate administration of sales orders, customer complaints, material returns and credits.
- Answer price and availability questions.
- Respond to customer literature requests for MSDS, Certifications, etc.
- Follow all applicable ISO procedures.
- Use system reports and inquiries to drive activities that ensure superior customer service.
- Maintain customer service related information for customer accounts; customer notes, e-mail, phone, special instructions, etc.
- Process new customer/update requests.
- Provide market or account intelligence gained through customer contact.
- Participate in customer calls and visits with sellers.
- Proactive communication with product supply reps and shipping department of any order changes customer initiates.
- Work with seller and PSRs to reduce aged inventory.
To submit your resume and salary history you must apply to http://careers.polyone.com
- Minimum 3-5 years prior Customer Service experience required
- 5 years experience working with various office equipment (copy, fax etc.)
- Attention to Detail
- Distribution experience preferred
- Ability to Multitask
- SAP experience preferred
- Industry experience preferred as well as working with outside sales representatives
PolyOne Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status, or other legally protected classification in the state in which a person is seeking employment. PolyOne will use E-Verify to ensure employment eligibility of newly hired employees where required.
PolyOne Corporation - 15 months ago