Rabobank, N.A. is a fast-growing California community bank that provides personalized service and a full array of quality products to individuals, businesses, organizations and agricultural clients. With nearly 120 retail branches, we serve the needs of communities from Redding to the Imperial Valley through a regional structure that promotes local decision making and active community involvement by our employees. The bank has more than $11 billion in assets with over 1,800 employees.
Rabobank, N.A. is part of the Rabobank Group, which is rated one of the world’s safest banks by Global Finance Magazine. The Rabobank Group is a global financial service provider and the premier lender to the global food and agricultural industry.
Rabobank, N.A. has an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service Representative! The Customer Service Representative performs teller transactions in compliance with regulatory and bank policies and procedures and adherence to bank security policies and confidentiality of bank records and customer information. Identifies and makes sales referrals, recommends alternate channels, cross-sells bank services and products, provides excellent customer service. Duties may include safe deposit, merchant/vault, ATM processing, bonds and coupons, foreign currency and night drop. Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Performs routine office and customer services duties; greets customers, accepts retail and commercial checking and savings deposits; disburses funds through checking and savings withdrawals or cashing checks; posts transactions, and handles other client transactions as requested.
- Solicits new business for the bank by identifying and responding appropriately to clues from customers for financial needs, linking the benefits to the customer needs. Understanding of bank products and services. Explains terms, fees, and other matters pertaining to the bank’s products and services to the customer.
- Cashes checks for customers and non-customers under current check cashing policy, and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Gathers data and processes various reports and forms (e.g. currency transaction, Reg. CC, holds, overdrafts, etc.) to insure compliance with bank policies, procedures, Bank secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering and regulatory compliance programs.
- Has basic knowledge of bank products and services in order to make quality referrals. Refers customers to experienced sales staff to sell products and services. Cross-sells banking services, (such as Traveler’s Checks, Savings Bonds, Money Orders, Cashier’s Checks, Safe Deposit Boxes) and explains various types of accounts and certificates, interest, and compounding rates.
- Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at end of shift and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on computer screen.
- Participates in branch and bank sales campaigns.
- Assists in answering telephone or waiting on customers for operations, new accounts, and lobby as necessary.
- Duties may include workflow scheduling, transaction approval, and teller training and/or teller supervision.
- Senior employees may be responsible for balancing branch cash daily and performing monthly certifications
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Minimum of 2 years experience as customer service/teller in a financial institution.
- Must be crossed-trained in all aspects of retail branch operations and basic new accounts.
- Comprehensive knowledge of bank operations, bank products, and banking regulations pertaining to financial transactions.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills to represent the Bank to customers and to the public
- Ability to protect and maintain confidential information
- Professional in appearance and in verbal communication
- Math aptitude – requires the ability to count cash/coin
- Requires attention to detail and the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral forms
- Ability to work a schedule that includes working evening, weekends, and some holidays
Rabobank is committed to attracting, retaining and rewarding employees. We offer competitive salaries, bank wide cash bonus plans, generous benefits and a supportive work environment with global career growth potential.
Rabobank is an Equal Opportunity- Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
For immediate consideration, please complete an on-line application and/or submit your resume.
Rabobank Group has its roots deep in Dutch soil. Founded as a cooperative of Dutch agricultural banks in 1898, the company has some 140...