We have a Customer Service Representative position open in Indianapolis, IN.
POSITION SUMMARY: With direct supervision, this position receives and responds to general and routine residential and commercial customer calls regarding waste management services. Working within established guidelines, this position is responsible for delivering superior customer service in a respectful, courteous and timely manner to ensure customer’s concerns are addressed through to resolution.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
- Successfully completes training to become knowledgable of the waste management industry.
- Serves as the first point of contact to respond professionally and courteously to general and routine customer inquiries, requests and complaints.
- Returns all routine and general customer calls in a timely manner.
- Responds to and may initiate outbound call to close the loop on general and routine residential and commercial calls.
- Ensures customer’s concerns are understood and explains resolution clearly to the customer.
- Enters service and route data into computer for billing and route scheduling purposes.
- Logs and records information about customer support interactions by inputting information into Company systems and updating information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Works closely with peers to resolve the customer’s questions or concerns in a timely manner.
- Receives and reviews metric reports and action plans with the Customer Service Supervisor/Manager to understand individual performance, impact and opportunities for development.
- Receives and relays customer feedback about services and programs, funneling it to the appropriate departments, divisions or as directed to support efforts for continual process improvement.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification
- The ability to respectfully and effectively provide customer service support as obtained through at least one year of experience providing person or phone-based service in a high volume customer service environment.
- College education is preferred but not required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are required to effectively perform the role unless otherwise stated. This list is not exhaustive, as other KSAs may be desired.
- Incumbents must be able to demonstrate ownership for issues pertaining to customer service questions and researching and providing solutions rather than escalating problems that can be resolved at the first point of contact.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required as is the ability to remain customer service focused during situations in which customers may be notably frustrated.
- Incumbents must have good typing skills with the ability to type at least 50 words per minute with a 95% accuracy rate. Data entry skills are essential. Incumbents must also have proficient reading and math skills.
- Barring unforeseen circumstances, the ability to commit to a regular work schedule with little absenteeism is critical. Additionally, incumbents must be able to work with defined, rigid schedules in which timed lunches and breaks are predefined.
- Knowledge of the waste management industry is preferred but not required.
- Bi-lingual skills are desirable but not a requirement.
- Communication – Effectively and coherently conveys relevant information to customers and coworkers. Effective listening and comprehension skills.
- Customer Service – Meets and exceeds recommended expectations of internal and external customers. Acts in a professional, courteous, cooperative manner toward customers and coworkers.
- Problem Solving – Demonstrates analytical/problem-solving solutions for the customer as well as the company.
- Ethics – Seeks guidance before problems occur and promptly reports concerns or potential violations in accordance with reporting procedures.
- Information Gathering – Refers to a variety of sources such as Company policy manuals, employee handbook and external resources. Compiles and organizes all the facts required to respond to a customer’s request.
- Interpersonal Skill – Develops openness and trust with others. Expresses opposing views in a tactful manner that builds teamwork.
- Multitasking – Ability to effectively manage two or more activities or sources of information.
- Record Keeping – Keeps records for future reference in an organized manner. Organizes information others can use easily. Keeps up with new incoming records.
- Computer Skills – Proficient in Microsoft applications and general software application uses
- Safety Orientation – Follows and promotes Allied Waste’s safety rules and procedures.
REPRESENTATIVE Machines, Tools, Equipment and/OR Software USED :
The following machines, tools, equipment and/or software are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. Actual machines, tools, equipment and/or software used will vary.
- Office equipment including, but not limited to, telephone, fax, computer and copier.
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel.
- Company information systems including, but not limited to: Groupwise, Knowledge Management Tools and AS400 based application.
ENVIRONMENTAL/ATMOSPHERIC WORKING CONDITIONS:
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions.
- This position entails a high level of work performed at a computer terminal throughout the day as well as heavy use of telephone or headset equipment. On a regular basis, incumbent frequently performs repetitive motions at a computer terminal and is subject to prolonged sitting. Regular eye-hand coordination is required to operate office equipment.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Our Company Today:
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and waste services. Through its subsidiaries,...