will be responsible for performing teller functions by processing transactions efficiently and accurately while providing the customer with an exceptional customer experience. Builds customer confidence, trust and loyalty through courtesy and professionalism, including addressing customers by name. Identifies customer needs, offers and refers personal and business financial products to customers. Provides basic sales and service functions, and performs teller functions.
- Responsible for establishing, retaining and deepening relationships with existing and new customers in the community to achieve branch sales goals and provide "Hometown Helpful" service.
- Responsible for listening to customer needs, offering the right solutions, addressing questions/objections, making referrals for new accounts, CDs, loans, investments, credit cards, etc.
- Responsible for responding to customer inquiries, resolving issues, and recognizing cross sales opportunities. Educates customers on alternative channels that provide service.
- Identify and refer clients to other Sterling Savings Bank financial products, services and subsidiaries.
- Perform banking services for customers including processing transactions accurately and efficiently to build rapport, customer confidence and trust.
- Responsible for following and adhering to all operational and security policies and procedures, including compliance and privacy policies and procedures to maintain customer confidentiality and information protection.
- Responsible for achieving referral goals and understand how these contribute to branch success.
- Perform security and maintenance of proper cash requirements in teller drawers, adheres to authority limits, and balances teller drawer/cash.
- Maintain a professional, confidential and courteous manner while representing Sterling Savings Bank.
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
Up to 1 year prior cash handling and customer service experience required.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively deal with all levels of customers in a professional, "Hometown Helpful" manner, utilizing strong customer service, interpersonal and listening skills.
- Proven ability to refer bank products and services. Also refer using "needs-based" selling.
- Proficient problem solving skills and the ability to adapt.
- Ability to do basic math calculations and operate on-line terminals, keyboards, and calculators.
- Ability to maintain a friendly, courteous demeanor throughout the day. Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Basic teller training course completion preferred.
Ability to stand for long periods of time when providing customer service.
Length of working day can be unpredictable due to balancing. Exposed to potential hazard of robbery - receives detailed instruction to minimize risk.
Please no recruiters, agencies, third-party agents or consultants – only direct applications from candidates. Inquiries may be directed to the Human Resources Department at HR.BusinessPartners@bankwithsterling.com.
Sterling Bank - 19 months ago
Sterling Financial Corporation is the holding company for Sterling Bank (formerly Sterling Savings Bank), one of the largest regional...