Sterling Payment Technologies provides point of sales payment technology and electronic transaction processing services to merchants nationwide. Sales are made through our network of partners, including Sales Agents, Dealer Solutions, Associations and Agent/Community Banks. The Customer Service Representatives role is to provide a consistent high level of quality service to our partners calling into the call center.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats with individuals or groups.
2. Ability to handle multiple projects, work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
3. Ability to utilize personal computer, telephone, facsimile, copier, calculator and other general office equipment.
4. Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions.
5. Ability to interact effectively and positively with all levels of personnel, partners and vendors.
6. Ability to handle confidential material appropriately.
1. Answer Support calls coming into the queue and provide high level of quality service through first call resolution.
2. Consistently, meet performance standards set forth by Support Manager.
3. Serve as an advocate and interface for all of Sterling’s partners with internal and external Sterling operational departments and vendors.
4. Log calls using detailed, specific and professional remarks in Sterling internal system.
5. Participate in the planning and execution of periodic sales meetings.
6. Suggestive sell new Sterling products and services to partners to promote new and additional business.
7. Work with sales offices to validate pricing options for new merchant accounts.
8. Work closely with Relationship Management and Training to ensure the best service and training needs of the various sales organizations are met.
9. Function as backup/overflow for Merchant Services and Technical Services departments.
10. Maintain thorough knowledge of card industry regulations, Chase Paymentech systems and internal applications.
11. Perform miscellaneous job duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS / SKILLS : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. All applicants must pass a drug test, background check, and credit evaluation.
2. Credit card experience in the acquiring or issuing industries preferred.
3. Customer Service experience in the card acquiring industry preferred.
4. Effective knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
5. High School diploma required.
6. BS or BA preferred.
7. One-year experience in call center customer service.
8. Experience with POS debit and credit terminal hardware and software preferred.
9. Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
Sterling Payment Technologies - 2 years ago