The Customer Service Representative position is located within the General Services Department, Printing & Multimedia Services (GSDPM).
Customer Service Representatives work in a team environment with other customer service staff under the supervision of a Unit Lead and report to the GSDPM Manager. Customer Service Representatives are the primary point of contact and interface with GSDPM’s clients. In this capacity they advise clients on available services, and review, process and monitor requests for services, including graphic design, cartography, photography, audiovisual, multimedia and electronic products, offset/digital/large-format printing, CD/DVD replication services, finishing and distribution.
The incumbent serves as initial client contact and provides a range of services related to basic to moderately complex graphics arts, printing and multimedia projects. While some Customer Service Representatives may specialize in particular types of job or fields of expertise (e.g. external printing, Board documents, distribution, etc.), incumbents are expected to be knowledgeable about GSDPM’s full range of services and to manage and process jobs outside their area of concentration.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Interacts with clients on a frequent basis, using face-to-face meetings, phone, and email as the initial provider of GSDPM services.
- Advises clients on the full range of services, production techniques and technology options; responds to routine and moderately complex inquiries both orally and in writing.
- Receives and reviews client requests and electronically submitted job tickets for quality and completeness of submission; clarifies client expectations for final product and schedule; and identifies and resolves any issues throughout the production process.
- Selects the appropriate product process, prepares time/cost estimates for completion, and ensures timely closing and invoicing of jobs upon completion.
- Serves as liaison between client and technical staff throughout job production process and ensures that quality work is completed on schedule.
- Tracks and monitors requests against service standard turnaround times; handles client requests for changes and communicate the impact on budget and timeline.
- Stays current with latest sustainability initiatives for the Bank Group in order to advise clients on wise use of resources and reduce the Bank Group’s environmental impact.
- Works effectively for GSDPM to ensure sales revenue helps meet unit chargeback cost-recovery goals.
- Performs basic pre-flighting work on digital files to identify and manage resolution of problems.
- Gains an understanding of GSDPM’s internal products, services, capabilities and workflow.
- Maintains current knowledge and skills as technology trends and workflows change.
- Works flexibly within unit, or in other units as needed, to help meet client needs.
- Processes business card orders, assisting clients to ensure that the orders are placed accurately, and that the quality meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Works with other Customer Service Representatives on knowledge sharing and the division of duties within the unit. Assists on projects when other representatives are away.
Tasks and Workflow Management - Has good organizational skills, and the ability to work capably in a fast-paced, deadline oriented
environment, managing multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
Other Selection Criteria
- Customer Service - Has ability to provide basic customer service, has willingness and attitude necessary to learn appropriate customer service techniques
- Promotion of Services - Demonstrates basic understanding of the products and services in the assigned customer service area
- Technology Skills - Has the ability and willingness to maintain up to date knowledge and skills as technology and workflow change.
- Client Orientation - Able to interact with clients with discretion and diplomacy. Demonstrates ability to resolve complex client related issues. Displays understanding of relevant internal and external factors and their impact to the client.
- Drive for Results - Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion - Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Knowledge, Learning and Communication - Able to communicate [including email proficiency] in a constructive and professional manner. Can assist in the preparation of written materials in accordance with WB administrative guidelines and best practices. Able to contribute to unit's knowledge sharing.
- Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making - Able to effectively and independently provide general research support. Demonstrates ability to access situation, and make sound judgment on action needed.
The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
- Associate’s Degree in Graphic Arts or other relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of four years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of graphic arts industry and associated processes and production techniques from design through distribution preferable.
- Ability to process and preflight basic digital files.
- Ability to work in Microsoft office software applications.
- Some knowledge of the audiovisual service industry and electronic publishing preferable but not required.
The World Bank - 13 months ago
Collectively known as the World Bank, the International Bank for Reconstruction & Development (IBRD) and its sister organization the...