This position is responsible for Customer Service for the Auburn, AL consumable line of products for the Laboratory Consumables Division/Labware and Specialty Plastics (LSP). The Customer Service Representative will be a part of a dynamic and high-achieving customer service team focused on servicing, retaining, and growing the existing installed customer base.
- Take in-coming phone calls from existing and potential customers in friendly and professional manner to answer their questions and discuss any issues.
- Develop strong working relationships with CVI customers and understand their individual business needs. Communicate any customer issues to CVI outside sales force and sales management for resolution. Work internally with other members of CVI (manufacturing, quality, shipping etc.), as the customer’s advocate, to resolve any problems.
- Gain strong working knowledge of all CVI products so can assist customers with suggesting the appropriate product for their application.
- Provide price quotes to existing and potential customers.
- Take sales orders via phone, email, FAX, EDM, etc and enter the orders into Syspro, our acct. software.
- Generate information and reports for management on order/sales/customer activities.
- Maintain files of orders.
- Coordinate and attend trade shows promoting our product lines.
- Support outside sales force by communicating with customers on their behalf and reporting as required.
- Help drive sales by making outward calls to potential customers and tracking results.
- Send samples of products and letters to customers as requested.
- Cross train and master all duties within customer service department, so can provide back-up to other CS representatives when they are away from office.
- Any other job properly assigned by your manager
- Start and end time may vary depending on region of country supporting, in order for CVI customer service department to provide service to all US time zones from 8-5pm.
- Overnight Travel required: 10-20%
- High School Diploma
- Strong computer knowledge
- Minimum three years customer service experience
Thermo Fisher Scientific - 14 months ago
Whether for research, analysis, discovery, or diagnostics, Thermo Fisher Scientific gets the laboratory ready to assist mankind. Created...